I have recently been asked a few questions about affirmations and visualization. Since the answers to those questions could be of interest, and I hope of value, for everyone, I would like to share them with you.
Tips for Affirmations and Visualization
1. It is not necessary to repeat affirmations all the time. You need to choose a few affirmations, and repeat any one of them for a few minutes, several times a day. They are more effective at night, before falling asleep, and in the morning, upon waking up. Furthermore, repeat them at various times of the day, when you have the time, but you need to repeat them with interest, feeling, and love. While affirming, you need to be feel confident that what you are saying is true. When you have contrary thoughts, don’t listen to them, just keep affirming with complete faith that what you are affirming is already true.
It is also important to be aware of the opportunities that come your way, and use them when they come. Furthermore, listen to your intuition – those gut feelings, and to the ideas your subconscious mind sends you, and do something about them. Opportunities and ideas will come, but you have to take action when they come, and don’t just await for miracles to happen with no action on your part.
2. Put feelings, desire and faith into your affirmations and visualization.
3. In my opinion, it is better not to fix a date for the affirmations or visualization to accomplish a goal, because you are forcing a situation to happen at a certain date, and this is not always possible. Often, certain things have to happen before a goal is accomplished, and you can’t put a time limit on them.
Visualize and affirm using the present tense, and leave it the Universal Mind and subconscious mind to bring what you desire, in the best and fastest possible way.
4. You don’t have to affirm and visualize all the time. This is not reallypossible, and might distract and disturb you in your daily activities.
5. Visualization and affirmations do the following:
- They motivate you.
- They strengthen your ambition.
- They affect your subconscious mind, which in turn affects your attitude, actions and reactions.
- They make you become more aware of opportunities, which otherwise you will not see, or be aware of.
- Both affirmations and visualization affect your environment, the people who might help you accomplish your goals, and they also open opportunities, and draw what you want to you.
6. You need to take action when your mind brings up a plan, or when your intuition tells you to do something that might help you get what you want. Visualization and affirmations create the opportunity and make you aware of it, but you need action to seize it. However, sometimes, things might happen, as if miraculously, without taking action, but don’t rely on this, since more than often, things happen in a normal and gradual manner.
7. Affirmations and creative visualization, if done correctly, and without stress and anxiety, remove doubts and fears, bestow confidence and strength, and awaken the necessary motivation and energy to take action and do things.
8. You may only affirm, only visualize, or combine both.
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness. He is the author of articles and books, teaching how to use your mental tools and inner powers to create a life of happiness, success, fulfillment and inner peace.
I Invite You to Subscribe to My Newsletter.
Join me to receive articles, advice, updates and inspirational quotes.