By Remez Sasson
I have collected more than one hundred of Lao Tzu quotes, and compiled them then into an eBook.
The title of the eBook is The Amazing Lao Tzu Quotes.
Lao Tzu was a philosopher, who lived in ancient China in the 6th century BC. However, a few historians say that he is a mythical figure. The stories say that he never created a formal school, but he attracted a large number of students and loyal disciples.
It is said that Lao Tzu was the keeper of the archives at the imperial court, which gave him the opportunity to study the archive books and gain a great deal of knowledge.
Lao Tzu sayings are well-known, and are often quoted. You most probably have come across a few of his quotes. One of his well-known quotes is, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” Based on this quote, I have written an article by that name.
Other Lao Tzu famous quotes are:
- An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
- Great acts are made up of small deeds.
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
- He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.
Each quote contains a wealth of wisdom, inspiration, and practical advice, and I hope that reading the quotes, and thinking about them, would bring you inspiration, peace, and wisdom.