Here is a question somebody asked me, which is relevant to a great number of people:
“I cannot concentrate on things, and I get some things in my mind which really come again and again while doing things, and this makes me very sad. Please help.”
What you focus on grows. If you keep focusing on worries, you only encourage those disturbing and distracting thoughts.
Acknowledge, without letting this worry or discourage you, that you have a problem with concentration, and resolve to do your best to solve it.
Tips on how to overcome disturbing and distracting thoughts:
1. Get enough sleep at night. Some say that one needs 8 hours of sleep, but this is an individual matter, as some people require only 5-6 hours of sleep, and wake up energetic and refreshed.
2. Whenever possible, without avoiding your duties and responsibilities, stay away from what stresses and worries you.
3. Believe that you can change the situation. It is just a matter of dedication, desire, inner work and time.
5. When you can perform the first exercise as required, move to the next exercise.
6. When thoughts disturb or distract your mind, try focusing on what you are doing more attentively. Don’t use force or fight the thoughts, just pay more attention to what you are doing at the moment. If these thoughts persist, analyze them, see what they are, and acknowledge that they are just thoughts, and there is no reason in the world to be controlled by them. If you can treat them with disinterest and detachment they will go away.
7. Keep positive, and don’t get discouraged if you fail to practice these instructions or if the disturbing and distracting thoughts persist.
Peace of Mind in Daily Life
A guide to inner peace and freedom from restless thoughts You can find advice, guidance and instructions on making the mind quiet, obedient and focused, and on gaining inner peace and happiness, in the book Peace of Mind in Daily Life.
I Invite You to Subscribe to My Newsletter.
Join me to receive articles, advice, updates and inspirational quotes.