Are you satisfied with your life as it is now?
If you are not satisfied, what are you doing to change the situation? Do you think you can’t do anything, and therefore, you have to accept things as they are?
Maybe you think it is too difficult to make changes, and that there are too many obstacles that discourage you of even trying.
The truth is you can improve the quality of your life. You can do so, even without having any special goals.
In this article, I would like to focus on a few simple tips and actions that can improve your life in a little way, and make you feel more satisfied.
The aim of these tips is not to help you make big changes in your life, but small changes, which you can easily initiate. I am not speaking about major changes, such as career change, change of location, or doing things that require a lot of money, time, effort, and study. I am referring to small things, which are mostly under your control, and therefore, there is no reason why won’t be able to take control of them and change them.
I am offering 6 tips in this article. Why only 6? There is no special reason. You can add as many as you want.
Simple Tips to Make Small Changes in Your Life
1) Wake up each morning, 30 minutes earlier than usual. You may go to sleep 30 minutes earlier the previous night, to have enough sleeping hours.
What would you gain by waking up 30 minutes earlier?
You will have time for meditation, breakfast, or for reading a book (not a newspaper). This will certainly make you more relaxed during your day, at least for a few hours.
If you are always late to work, and this causes you stress and tension, you will be able to start earlier on your way to work, and you would therefore, not be late.
2) Have a tasty, pleasant breakfast. A lot of people hurry to work, just having a cup of coffee, bread with something, or cereals. If you set aside a few more minutes for your breakfast, and eat without hurry, you will enjoy it more, and feel great afterwards.
3) Find 5-10 minutes to be alone in the morning, before you go to work. If you can’t do that at home, then sit in your car, before you drive to work, or at the parking lot at work.
Use the the time to think about what you want to do today for yourself. Think about the small things you can do today to improve your life, or about things that can add joy to your life. For better results, have a pen and a sheet of paper handy, to write this down.
It is important that you don’t feel frustrated, if you couldn’t do everything wrote down. Just stay calm and positive, and try to do tomorrow, what you didn’t do today.
4) Eat at regular times. Do not skip a meal or postpone it for later because you are too busy.
Eating on time is important for your health. Besides, when hungry, it is easy to get angry and nervous.
Exercise self discipline and stop what you are doing and have a meal. Sometimes, people just can’t stop what they are doing, or want to do more before having a break. Eventually they get edgy because their body did not get on time the nourishment it needs.
5) Shorten your daily TV intake! Shorten the hours you sit in front of your TV. Don’t turn your mind into mashed potatoes. Be more selective with the programs you watch and the time you spend watching TV.
6) Do ordinary things in a different way. This will help you develop the ability to make bigger changes in your life and put more interest into your life. This behavior will also bring new opportunities into your life.
Here are a few examples:
Eat a different breakfast in the morning.
Take a different route to work.
Go to sleep at a different hour, earlier or later, from the hour you usually go to sleep.
Choose to watch a TV program that you never watch (a program that adds to your knowledge and understanding).
Go to a new restaurant.
- Talk with a neighbor or someone at work, whom you usually try to avoid.
You can add anything else you can think of to this list of 6 tips. The changes you make, will add interest and zest into your life, and would awaken the desire to do bigger things. Your faith that you can make changes and improvements will also grow.
Do you want to make changes and improvements in your life? Read Visualize and Achieve!
Do you feel that you lack the inner strength to make changes in your life? Read Willpower and Self Discipline!
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness. In his articles and books, he teaches about positive thinking and motivation, visualization, gaining inner strength and inner peace, achieving success, and about improving one’s life.