By Remez Sasson
What are positive feelings?
These are pleasant feelings of happiness, satisfaction, confidence and the expectation of success. These are feelings of compassion, love, tolerance and understanding.
Why do you need positive feelings?
They make you feel good, energetic, happy and able and willing to take action to pursue what you want to attain and achieve. They also make your life happier and easier, make you more likeable and improve your relationships.
How can you create positive feelings?
Below you will find a few tips and suggestions to help you create positive feelings.
1) Become aware of the importance of positive feelings and how they can improve your life.
2) Refuse to be involved with negative thoughts and feelings.
3) Upon waking up in the morning, smile and say to yourself silently or audibly: “I am going to have a wonderful day today. It is going to be a happy and successful day. I am going to stay patient and positive in every situation.”
4) Often, during the day, visualize for a few moments some happy moments and situations from your life, a place you enjoyed visiting, or being with people you love.
5) When things make you angry, wait a few seconds before reacting.
6) When you feel some despair, anger, unhappiness or frustration, don’t succumb to these feelings and let them grow. Visualize something happy, read something that makes you happy, repeat a positive affirmation or just try to create some happy feeling inside you. This might not be easy, as the negative feeling might be too strong, yet, do your best, and no matter how many times you might fail evoking a positive feeling, if you persist you will be able to change your attitude and feelings.
Read the complete article on how to create positive feelings.
“Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances.”
- J. Donald Walters
“A happy life consists in tranquility of mind.”