We often have difficulty thinking in abstract ideas. We dream in full-color movie clips!
Visualization is a process that we use, even if we don’t know we’re doing it; it’s just how we naturally think. If you think about losing weight, you don’t think in terms of fat cells shriveling up or healthy foods being digested better by your body.
You imagine how it would look and feel to be at your ideal weight—what new clothes you might wear or what kind of compliments you might receive.
It’s important to understand how visualization and the law of attraction work in harmony, because they function whether you know it or not, or even want them to.
The law of attraction states that you will attract more of whatever you are thinking about repeatedly, whether you are mulling around or grumbling to yourself; that’s visualizing—which invokes the law of attraction.
This phenomenon starts in the thinking mind (conscious mind), is amplified by the emotional mind (subconscious mind), and manifests in the body as our results.
The body, like all matter, is made up entirely of energy, so we all send out energetic vibrations that attract more of the same. That means whatever you’ve been visualizing, good or bad, is reflected back to you.
You have the ability to choose what you want to focus on or visualize, and therefore, control the vibrations you send out.
Even if the goal or result you desire seems outrageous, your subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between the real circumstance and the visualized circumstance.
Many people report that significant achievements can be reached after just 30 days of visualizing a goal, circumstance or material object. This is not to say that any goal can be completely accomplished in a single month, only that you will be well on the path to achieving it, just by consciously monitoring your mental images and visualizing where you want to be.
Visualization with respect to weight loss is most effective when you’re very clear on what your goal or target weight will be.
Here is an exercise to do around achieving permanent weight loss
- Get into a comfortable position, relax and close your eyes, breathe in deeply and breathe out completely.
- Visualize your body as it is right this moment, as you see it when looking in a mirror.
- Now breathe in and as you breathe out and visualize yourself releasing the extra weight you have around your tummy or your upper thighs or maybe all over your body.
- Visualize your body as the extra weight simply melts down to the ground; see it melting and being absorbed into the ground, gone forever.
- Now look into the mirror of your mind and see your body slimmer, at its ideal weight.
Visualize this over and over and over again with all your senses, to mentally train your memory of how you look and feel at your ideal weight.
©Copyright – MindBody FX Weight Management Company. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.