Do you practice meditation, but are not making any progress? Do you feel that it is not as relaxing and as deep as you want it to be?
There are a few simple steps you can take to make your meditation deeper and more relaxing.
1) Don’t drink coffee or eat a heavy meal before meditation. Coffee would make you restless, and a heavy meal would make you feel drowsy. This would prevent you from experiencing a deep and relaxing meditation.
2) Before you begin, acknowledge and accept the fact that there will always be noises and distractions, so it’s no use getting annoyed by them. Think about this over and again, until you accept this thought. Acknowledging and accepting this situation, would make it easier for you to ignore noises and distractions, and not be annoyed by them.
3) Sit in a comfortable position. You don’t have to sit on the floor cross-legged. This position is not suitable for everyone. Sitting on a chair with your back straight is no less good than sitting on the floor.
You need to sit in a position that does not cause any strain on your body. Try different chairs, until you find a suitable and comfortable one.
4) After sitting down, relax your body and release all tension. Do so for several minutes. If your body gets tense during meditation, briefly, direct your attention to your body, relax it, and then continue meditating.
5) Don’t fight your thoughts or try forcibly to ignore them, since this will only make them stronger. A relaxed and detached attitude would produce better results.
Sometimes, you might experience a sense of inner peace, feeling relaxed and happy. At other times, you might feel that nothing is happening, and you your mind being restless and your body tense.
There are many factors that contribute to these fluctuating situations; your state of health, circumstances, being tired or hungry, noises and distractions.
This is certain. If you devote more time to meditation, and do it right, you will experience deeper and more relaxing moments.
As your mediation gets deeper, you might experience moments of inner silence. Welcome this experience. It is something that you have never experienced before, and therefore, you might find it strange and different from your ordinary awareness.
It is a state of calmness, happiness and bliss, when the mind becomes calm and free of thoughts, but you stay fully conscious and aware. If you continue meditating, in time, you will also experience this state in your everyday life, while conducting your day-to-day activities, not just when you are meditating.
When this experience occurs, calmly, try to enjoy it as much as you can. Don’t force it to stay. If you force it to stay, it would disappear, but if you stay calm, just welcoming and enjoying it, this state of inner peace would linger on for some time.
By Remez Sasson
Guidance and advice for enjoying peace of mind in the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Learn how to calm down the constant, tiring chatter of the mind, and experience the joy of living without worries, anxieties and restless thinking.
For More Information… Click Here.