Do you sometimes wonder, how to stay motivated?
Often, after the initial enthusiasm and motivation, there is a drop down of the desire and interest. What can you do, to stay motivated?
The motivation to act, do things, study, or attain success in any field, often, comes through outside triggers. The desire and the motivation might arise after watching a movie, reading a book, or talking with someone who has achieved success.
However, unless the desire and ambition are very strong, the motivation that arises is often short lived.
Ask yourself, how many times have you felt elated, energetic, and motivated to achieve a certain desire or ambition, after watching a movie or reading a book? Did this mood stay with you and pushed forward, until you achieved that goal?
What happened to the desire and the motivation half an hour later, a day later, or a week later? In most cases, it evaporated. Why? Either because the desire was not strong enough, you lacked enough inner strength and persistence, or your day-to-day life made you forget it.
A single, one-time motivational trigger is usually not enough. Certain events or situations might arouse motivation and ambition, but some time later, everything returns to normal, and you forget about them.
Success requires constant motivation, not just a one-time trigger.
Every achievement and every attainment requires a constant flow of motivation. It’s true that when you follow a certain activity for some time, it often turns into a habit, and you can go on and on, as if on auto-pilot. Yet, knowing how to stay motivated would make the journey to achievement easier, faster and more enjoyable.
- Body building is a process that requires time and effort.
- Losing weight also requires time.
- Getting a degree requires time too.
- Changing your lifestyle and habits needs a sustained motivation.
Everything worthwhile requires time, work and effort. You need your motivation alive and kicking for days, weeks, months or even more, depending on your goal.
The question is, how can you produce a constant flow of motivation, to carry you through obstacles, laziness, procrastination, fears or negative thinking? Below, you will find a few tips.
How to Stay Motivated
- Think about the times you had motivation, and write down what were the triggers. It doesn’t matter in what area you were motivated to act.
- Make a list of motivational and inspirational books that helped you in the past. Each day, read at least a few pages from one of the books.
- Seek to watch movies that could trigger your motivation.
- Make a list of inspiring quotes and read them often.
- Read success stories of people, who achieved success in areas you want to achieve success.
- Collect photos of things you want to do or own and look at them often.
- Seek the company of people who have an uplifting effect on you.
- Start with small, simple goals. Since it is easier to maintain motivation for short periods, it would be easier to keep the motivation, when the goal does not require much time to accomplish, just a few minutes, hours, or a day or two.
Check out these motivational books:
Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams
Clear and easy to understand, step-by-step instructions, for improving your life and creating success with the power of your imagination.
Affirmations – Words with Power
Find out how you can reprogram your subconscious mind with affirmations, activate its powers, and start attracting happiness and success into your life!