What are Worries?
- Expectation of failure and problems.
- Thoughts about what might happen if…
- A useless mental activity that wastes your time and energy.
- Negative thoughts.
- Low self-esteem.
- Negative affirmations.
Why do you worry?
- It is a habit of the mind.
- Your mind is programmed to worry.
- You assume that certain problems cannot be solved.
- Fear of failure.
- Going through negative experiences in the past.
- Inability to reject unwanted thoughts.
- Lack of mental discipline.
- Lack of self confidence.
- Lack of self esteem.
- Lack of ambition and motivation.
Negative effects of worries
- They waste your time.
- They waste your energy.
- Worrying is negative thinking.
- Worries program your mind to think negatively.
- Worries program your mind to create failure.
- They weaken initiative.
- Worry weakens motivation.
- Worrying is a negative use of the law of attraction, because you picture in your mind what you don’t want to happen. Constant worry might attracts what you fear into your life.
- Constant worry attracts negative situations.
- Leads to anxiety and stress.
- Weakens the body and the mind.
What to do to overcome the tendency to worry?
Learning how to overcome worries requires more than a short article. There are various ways to overcome worry, such as concentration exercises, meditation, detachment, inner peace and also positive thinking. These methods usually require time and effort, and with persistence they bring real results.
Most people have no time and patience, and therefore look for methods that promise fast results, without effort, and the market is now full of them. I have no experience with these fast methods, so I don’t know if they work or don’t work. I prefer personal development methods that require inner work and effort, because they have lasting effects, and make you a conscious being, with more control over what goes into your subconscious mind.
Concentration exercises, meditation and detachment can help you overcome worry, but they can also lead to inner peace, inner strength, mental mastery and spiritual awakening.