In every bad situation there is always something good. You can focus on the good or you can focus on the bad. It is your choice.
You can focus on the hole in the doughnut, and you can focus on the doughnut itself.
You can focus on the empty half of the glass, and you focus on the full half of the glass.
Where you direct your attention is a matter of attitude and choice, but can affect your moods and state of mind.
Do you sometimes feel at the end of the day that you have not done enough? Often, if you stop to think, you will realize that this is not true, and that this feeling arises, because you are focusing on what you have not done, instead of focusing on what you have done.
Sometimes, a few things you had no time to do, affect your state of mind, obsessing and disturbing.
Sometimes, you start your day, intending to carry out a number of tasks, but when the day ends, you realize that you have not accomplished all the tasks you set out to do. This makes you feel bad. Instead of being happy having accomplished most of the tasks, you focus on what you didn’t do.
It is as, if you forget what you have achieved, which could be a lot, and feel that you haven’t done anything.
This feeling is a waste of time and energy.
There is no need to create unnecessary unhappiness.
This kind of attitude is a negative attitude.
Why not focus on the positive in your life, on what you have accomplished today, and feel good and happy about it?
The things you didn’t manage to do today, you can always do tomorrow.
If you want to achieve something or improve your life, try to be happier and more satisfied, and focus on the things you did, not on the things you didn’t do.
At the end of the day, and before going to sleep, think about what you have accomplished today. This will teach your mind to focus on the positive in your life, and help it grow.
A few Suggestions to Help You Focus on the Positive
- Direct your attention to the positive things happening in your life.
- Look at what you have done, and appreciate it.
- Focus on the good things you did today, and on the progress you made.
- Think on what you have already achieved, which means looking at the full half of the glass, not the empty half.
- Do not think too much on what you missed or did not have the time to do today. If these are important things, plan on doing them tomorrow.
- Focus on the positive in your life and it will grow bigger.