You can make yourself a cup of coffee in a matter of seconds. You can cook dinner in 20-30 minutes. You can learn the words of a song in a few minutes, but can you make big changes in your life within a day or two? Is it realistic to expect becoming wealthy in 15 days or less, doing almost nothing, except if you win the lottery?
Most people expect fast results. They have no patience or staying power, and if something requires time and effort, they quit after a short while. They look for books, workshops or videos that promise immediate results, such as:
- Get powerful concentration with a few minutes of training
- Meditate like an expert in 15 days
- Get anything you want in 30 minutes
- Get the house of your dreams, or a fancy car, quickly and with no effort
- Influence people in 5 minutes
- Write a book in a few days
These are just a few of the many examples you can find if you look at the newspapers, magazines or the Internet.