By Remez Sasson
- How many times a day, do you watch the news on TV?
- How many times a day, do you listen to the news on the radio?
- How much time do you spend reading the newspapers everyday?
- Are you a news addict?
- Do you really need to stuff your mind with so many details every day?
- Do you need all the strain, stress and fears caused by watching the news?
- Will you be able to change events and the world by listening to the news?
There are many people who feel the need to watch, listen, read and discuss the news, important matters and also trivial matters. This habit makes it difficult to control the mind and weakens the ability to concentrate. This habit also prevents you from experiencing inner peace, since your mind constantly buzzes with details of the news, and because the news makes you stressed strained, anxious and often unhappy.
I am not suggesting that you stop being interested in what is going in the world. I am not suggesting that you close your eyes and your mind. Living in the world, you need to know what is going on in the world, but you can limit the time you spend watching, listening or reading the news, by exercising a “news diet”.