By Remez Sasson
- What happens if you observe your thoughts?
- What happens if you ask yourself where do your thoughts come from?
- Who is thinking all these thoughts?
- Are you your thoughts, or are they something that occur to you?
- Do your thoughts belong to you, or do they just pass through your mind?
If you keep asking yourself these questions, in time, you will discover that you, the Real You, is not your thoughts and is not dependent on your thoughts. By trying to observe your thoughts, with a bit of detachment, you will develop calmness, inner peace and silence, and the ability to look inside, beneath your thoughts and the ego-personality. This sometimes leads to awareness and knowledge of the Real Self – the Spirit.
Concentration exercises and meditation, can also lead to the same experience. They too, calm down the mind, which is always busy with thoughts, and lift the veil of thoughts hiding the Consciousness within – the Real Self.