Are you be in a constant state of rushing?
Are you so busy that you hardly find the time to breathe?
Do you try to do too many things at the same time?
Do you feel the weight of the Universe on your shoulders?
Does your work or family take all of your time?
This situation may lead to stress, tension, broken relationships and unhappiness.
Do you remember the times you were a small child, free from responsibilities, work or other engagements? You had all the time in the world just to play or do nothing. Even as a grown up, you deserve some time for yourself.
You deserve some time for yourself every day. You need some time to be alone, to do something you love, or even do nothing. You need a little time to forget your chores, tasks, work and even goals.
With just a little effort you can find the time to be alone, no matter what your life circumstances are. It is strange that people have lost their ability to enjoy being alone. They got used to noise, rush and stress, and find it hard to relax and be by themselves, even for a little while, but this ability can be relearned.
You need to set aside time, preferably everyday, just for yourself. Even 20 minutes a day will do.
How can you find time for yourself?
– Wake up a little earlier each day.
– Go for an evening walk alone.
– Once a day tell your family you wish to be left alone. Go to a room and close the door, without your cell phone, and with no television or newspaper.
– If you can, retire to some quiet spot at lunch time at work, just to be alone for a few moments, with a book or with your thoughts.
– Sit alone in your car for a few moments, when arriving from work, before entering home.
With a little creative thinking, right time management, and with some assertiveness you can arrange some time for yourself.
What shall you do in this free time devoted for yourself?
- Think about your life and how you can improve it.
- Read a book.
- write a letter.
- Take a bath.
- Watch the sun setting.
- Sit on a bench in a garden, and enjoy being in the fresh air.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Clean up your drawers.
- Exercise your body.
- repeat affirmations.
- Just be with yourself, doing nothing.
Do anything else you enjoy doing, or which you have been postponing.
501 Tips and Ideas for Finding More Time for the Things You Love
Now you can have more time with your family, with your friends, with your hobbies, for play, for achievement, for simply enjoying your life!
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness. In his articles and books, he teaches about positive thinking and motivation, visualization, gaining inner strength and inner peace, achieving success, and about improving one’s life.
I Invite You to Subscribe to My Newsletter.
Join me to receive articles, advice, updates and inspirational quotes.