You can add more happiness and light to your life, by doing some small, simple acts everyday.
Though small and simple, these acts will improve your feeling and make your day more enjoyable.
Even if you are under pressure and strain, or if you have problems and difficulties, there are many little, and sometimes not so significant actions that can make you feel happy. This happiness might not be strong and deep, and often is of short duration, but it certainly can improve the way you feel.
Below, you will find a few suggestions for bringing small moments of happiness into your daily life. With some creative thinking you can find more ideas, which might be more suitable to your life and circumstances.
1. Wake up 10 minutes earlier in the morning, and go stand by the window or go out to the yard or garden, if you have one. Look around you, and enjoy the quietness and splendor of the morning.
2. Get up 10 minutes earlier, and make yourself a cup of coffee. Even if you drink coffee each morning, by getting up earlier you will be able to sip it leisurely.
3. Eat something you enjoy eating.
4. Call up a friend you like, which you haven’t talked with for a long time.
5. Buy yourself flowers.
6. Buy yourself a book.
7. Buy yourself a magazine.
8. Have a nap in the afternoon
9. Do something you like doing, but which you usually don’t have the time to do.
10. Take some time out when busy and read a few pages of a book.
11. Close your eyes and rest your body and mind, just for a few moments, even when you are very busy.
12. Take a break and go out to walk, even if it is only for ten minutes.
Do you have more suggestions? What do you do to bring happiness into your life? You are welcome to comment.
About the Author
Remez Sasson is the founder of Success Consciousness. He is the author of articles and books, teaching how to use your mental tools and inner powers to create a life of happiness, success, fulfillment and inner peace.
I Invite You to Subscribe to My Newsletter.
Join me to receive articles, advice, updates and inspirational quotes.