By Remez Sasson
I am happy to announce that that I have finally finished redesigning my website, and have uploaded it. I hope and believe that you like it, and would be happy to read your comments and suggestions, which you can write in the comments section below, on this page.
Please visit the redesigned website at www.SuccessConsciousness.com.
The truth is that I didn’t intend to make such a big change. Actually, I was satisfied with my website as it was, but my wife insisted that I make just some minor changes, like changing the colors and the logo.
One evening I made sample page, and we started making experiments with the colors on the page. After a while my wife mentioned that the links on the left side of the page looked too bold, and asked me to change them, and see how they looked, if they are not typed in bold fonts.
At first I thought it would be a lot of work changing the appearance of all the links on all the pages, but then I asked myself, “Well, if I will have make changes in all the pages, and then upload the whole website, why not make some more changes?”
On thing led to another, and then, from just some minor changes, the website was completely redesigned. I did all the work myself, instead of giving it to someone else to do it for me, not just because this could cost a lot of money, but because I liked the challenge, the creative thinking that this project required, and because only by working on the website myself, I could make it exactly as I wanted.
Doing this change took a few months, since there are hundreds of pages at the website. There was a lot of work to do, but I liked every single moment. There are a also a few hundreds pages at this blog, which is an extension of the main website, but the changes at the blog were just minor, like adding a few links at the top and bottom of the blog, and making some changes at the sidebar.
I believe that now the website looks more like a modern and up to date website.
Here are a few of the changes:
- I have added buttons for Facebook, Twitter and +1.
- I have changed the navigation bar at the left side, grouped the links into categories, and added a few other topics.
- The links on the left side lead to a list of all the articles in the specific topic.
- Separated the link for willpower and self discipline into two different topics, one for willpower, and one for self discipline.
- Colors, and header were changed.
- The pages are not of fixed size, and don’t span on the whole screen, which made it difficult to read on larger screens.
- Added links at the bottom of the pages.
- Made the website and blog more connected, than they were before.
The above are just a of the few changes that were made. Browse the website, starting from the home page, and let me know what you think. Please, also use the Facebook,Twitter and +1 buttons, to recommend to you friends the articles you like.
I wish you a Happy New Year, and a lot of happiness, success and improvements this year.