By Remez Sasson
I have removed the forums from this website. This is the reason you don’t see the link to the forums any more.
The forums have been created a few years ago, and in 2009 were moved to different forum software.
As time passed, more and more visitors registered as members, and their number arrived to more than 23,000. However, most of them just registered, but never participated. There are many reasons that people did not participate:
- Facebook and Twitter, began replacing forums, since interaction is immediate, and can be accessed not just through computers, but also through smartphones.
- I focused more on the website and blog, and less on the forums.
- It seems that visitors found a lot of information at the website and blog, and therefore, had no reason to search for information, ask questions or participate in the forums.
During the weekend, I decided to remove the forums, based on the following:
- Lately, various members have started posting in other languages, besides English.
- Some of the posts had inappropriate content, which we don’t allow at the forums.
- Since there are many posts at the forums, and it takes too much of our time to monitor them, we decided to remove the forums.
- Though there are many registered members, just few participated.
- Several forum topics had a very low level of participation.
- The forums hardly earned for us any money. Visitors to forums are more interested to read or participate, and less to click on ads.
- The number of visitors to the forums is very small, compared to the total number of visitors who arrive to the website and blog. While the website and blog do not require monitoring and moderation, the forums require them. This means time and effort, which could be more useful somewhere else.
- I prefer to devote my time to writing more articles and books for the website and blog, instead of monitoring and moderating the forums.
If you have been a regular visitor to the forums, I apologize for not advising you beforehand, but I had to take a quick action and remove the forums. I hope you continue visiting the website and blog, which will continue to grow, and I intend to add many more articles and books.