By Remez Sasson
I have just read an article with some amazing facts about the amount of calories that people consume while watching the Mondial – world cup games. We all know that people feel the need to eat and drink, while watching football games, and of course the Mondial games, consuming quantities of food much more than the body needs.
The article goes on to say that the average male normally requires about 2000-3000 calories each day, but during the Mondial Games, there is an increase of additional of 4000-5000 calories, and since these calories are not used up, and there are no physical exercises, these calories turn to fat and to gaining weight.
People eat pizza, nuts, all kinds of snacks, fruits, cakes, cookies, ice cream and other kinds of foods rich in calories, and they also consume a lot of beer and other drinks. While the football players run on the field burning calories, the viewers at home don’t move from their couch, eating, drinking and filling themselves with much more calories than is necessary.
It is said that:
- 100 grams of nuts contain about 650 calories.
- One small tin of beer contains 130 calories.
- A small triangle of pizza contains 200 calories.
- One fruit contain about 80-100 calories.
- A tin of juice or Cola contains about 140 calories.
- 100 grams of cheesecake contain about 200-300 calories.
The article I have read suggests the following solution:
- Drink water or diet drinks.
- Eat cut vegetables.
- Eat popcorn without butter.
- Eat diet ice cream.
- Eat various other foods low with calories.