By Remez Sasson
Every now and then, I take one of my older articles, read it, and work to improve it, and to make corrections or changes where necessary. I believe that when one writes regularly, in time, the language and style improve, and therefore, it is a good idea to revise, and sometimes, even rewrite the whole article.
It is not only a matter of revising, correcting, re-proofreading, correcting typos, etc., but also adding new content, new viewpoints, or just making the idea of the article clearer. This means that it would be a good idea for you to read again the articles, because you might find them a little different, from the previous time you read them.
I recommend for everyone who owns a website or a blog to read older posts, correct and revise them. It is not only the newest articles that matter; all the articles matter. It’s true, there are websites that write about current topics, such as the news, about new gadgets and about new software, where the newest articles are more important, and sometimes the older articles might become obsolete.
This is different with websites about self-improvement, positive thinking, motivation or meditation. The stuff you find there can be relevant for many years. This is the same with books on these topics. For example, the books about the power of the mind, written by William Walker Atkinson at the beginning of the previous century, are still popular today.
Here are a few suggestions for revising and rewriting articles:
- Pay attention to the grammar.
- Pay attention to punctuations.
- Make the article more interesting.
- Take care to make the sentences sensible and complete.
- Make the sentences shorter. I used to write long sentences, and I still do that sometimes, but now, when I revise an article, I try to make the sentences shorter, because shorter sentences are clearer. Sometimes, with a long sentence, when you arrive at its end, you might forget what was it all about.
- Put some practical and useful stuff in the article, or point to another article with additional information.
- Shorter paragraphs are easier to read.
The Easy Way to Write
Do you want to learn to write?
Visit The Easy Writing System. Click on the link below: