Why Creative Visualization Works
By Remez Sasson
Experience shows that creative visualization works, and that circumstances and events follow one's thoughts.
Take any situation or event in your life, and think back, to find what kind of thoughts preceded the event. You will find out that in many cases a particular event, followed particular thoughts.
The reasons why visualization produces results:
- By repeating the same thoughts day after day, your subconscious mind is driven to act on them. In this way, habits and behavior are formed. The thoughts that sink into your subconscious mind drive you into corresponding action.
- Each thought you think arouses an associated emotion. If the emotion is strong enough, it incites to action. Strong thoughts energized by emotions cause more energetic and definite action than weak thoughts. Such an action brings results in accordance with the thought that prompted it.
- A clear mental image radiates from the mind of the one thinking it, and is transmitted to other minds. Whoever is receptive to this kind of thought may perceive it and act on it, thus being the agent to fulfill the desire.
- Thoughts are like a magnet, they attract similar thoughts and circumstances. Thinking one thought invites into the mind more similar thoughts and ideas. These thoughts tend to attract circumstances that are in accordance with them.
- We are an inseparable part of the creative Universal Mind. Our thoughts are projected into this omnipotent power, and cause its tremendous power act on our behalf. The Universal mind and us, are partners in creating our life.
- Everything in the Universe is interconnected. Each thought, action and event in the universe are connected and influence each other. Each thought and action cause reactions and repercussions.
- Everything in the Universe is energy. We see differences because each object has a different wavelength and density. We live in an ocean of energy. Each wave in this ocean influences the other waves. Thoughts, as part of this body of energy, work with the creative Universal energy and interact with it.
Similar thoughts bring people together. When one person has a need, and the other can supply it, their thinking can bring them together in a surprising manner. This is what we call a coincidence.
Some time ago, I heard the following story, which describes such a coincidence.
A woman has been searching for of a new job as a graphic designer. One morning, while going towards her car, she found out that she had a flat tire. Reluctantly, she took the spare tire out, and prepared herself for the unpleasant task of changing it.
As she was trying to loosen the screws of the tire, a car stopped by, and the driver asked her if she needed any assistance. She accepted his help, and while changing the wheel they started to talk.
It turned out that he owned a graphics designing company, and needed desperately a qualified and experienced graphic designer. To her surprise and joy, he requested her to come to his office later during the day, with her certificates and recommendations for an interview.
She did not have to wait for the interview, as she was always carrying her certificates and recommendations with her. When he saw them, he was deeply impressed and hired her on the spot.
This meeting brought together two people who needed each other in some way. It was no coincidence, as one was thinking about hiring someone, and the other about finding a new job. Their thoughts brought them into meeting each other.