Dare, Don't Be Afraid to Make Mistakes
By Remez Sasson
Don't worry if you make mistakes. Only people who dare, try, and persevere, complete tasks and achieve success.
It is so comfortable to be passive, make no effort, and stick to the familiar. However, by doing so, we allow external influences shape your life.
Daring, trying new things, and making changes, seem intimidating. It is more comfortable to suffer, complain, and stay in the same place.
Why Daring Is Intimidating?
- You afraid you might make mistakes.
- You are afraid to look ridiculous.
- You want to avoid criticism.
- There is a lack of self-esteem.
- There is a lack of self-confidence.
If you wish to let the above list intimidate you, and therefore, be unhappy, complain, and stay where you are, this is your choice. However, if you want to live a greater life, you should consider taking a step beyond your fears and start daring.
It is not so difficult to do.
It is a matter of attitude. It is a matter of changing your mindset. As the saying goes, 'it is all in the mind'.
After the first step, it would seem less intimating to dare, even if you make mistakes and bad choices.
All people who achieved success, any kind of success, dared to try. They did mistakes, and they failed over and again, but they did not give up.
Where Can You Dare?
This depends on you. It is advisable to start with minor matters, and as you gain confidence, do bigger things.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Start learning a foreign language.
- Go meet new people and friends.
- Take a trip abroad.
- Redecorate your home.
- Ask your boss for a raise.
- Start going to the gym.
Dare, don't be Afraid to Make Mistakes.
After gaining some experience you will feel more confident to dare handle bigger projects, such as:
- Find a better job
- Go back to college or start studying at the University
- Make the move you always wanted, to a new neighborhood, a new city, or a different country
- Start a business
- Turn a hobby into a business
These are just a few of the things you can dare to do.
If you make mistakes, it's all right. Everyone make mistakes. Learn from them and go on. As said earlier, all successful people made mistakes, but they didn't let their mistakes discourage them or deter them.
It's quite simple, though not so easy to dare, and be afraid to make mistakes. This has nothing to do with finance, physical strength or education. It is all a state of mind. It is something inside you.
You need to find the strength and courage within you. You should learn to be courageous and daring, and do things, without the need to be pushed and motivated from the outside.
Learn to be a doer, by taking the initiative and acting now, without procrastinating or hesitation. Start with simple little things to gain experience and confidence.
- Can you learn to speak fluently a foreign language, without making some mistakes at first?
- Can you become a great cook, without learning, cooking and experimenting, and making some mistakes along the way?
- Can you create a successful business, without learning, investing, making mistakes, and trying again?
- Can you become an expert in any field, before you had enough experience?
Don't worry if you make mistakes on the way. By making mistakes, you learn to improve and do better.
You just have to take action. It's not as difficult as it seems.
Simple exercises for improving willpower and self discipline, suitable for everyone.
Learn how to build up inner strength and assertiveness, and to overcome laziness and procrastination.