The Power of Negative Thinking and How to Overcome It
By Remez Sasson
Negative thinking appears to be more prevalent than positive thinking. It seems that with most people, positive thinking requires some effort, whereas, negative thinking comes easily and often uninvited. This has much to do with education and the environment one has been living in.
If you have been brought up in a happy and positive atmosphere, there is more probability that it will be easier for you to think positively. However, If you have been brought up under poor or difficult situations, you will more probably be attracted to negative thinking.
You view the world through your predominant mental attitude. If your thoughts are positive, that is fine, but if they are negative, your life and circumstances would probably mirror these thoughts.
If you believe that you are going to fail, you will unconsciously sabotage every opportunity to succeed. If you are afraid of meeting new people or having close relationships, you will do everything to avoid people and relationships, and then complain that you are lonely and nobody loves you.
The power of negative thinking in action
- Do you often think about difficulties, failure and disasters?
- Do you keep thinking about the negative news see and hear on the TV, or read in the newspapers?
- Do you see yourself stuck and unable to improve your life or your health?
- Do you frequently think that you do not deserve happiness or money, or that it is too difficult to get them?
If you do, then you will close your mind, see no opportunities, and behave and react in such ways, as to repel people and opportunities.
The mind often, doesn't judge or examine thoughts and opinions before accepting them. If what it hears, sees and reads is always negative, it accepts this as a standard.
The media constantly bombards the mind with a lot of information about disasters, catastrophes, wars and other unhappy events. This information sinks into the subconscious mind, and then, manifests as your habitual manner of thinking. By occupying the mind with depressing and pessimistic thoughts you radiate negative energy into the surrounding world, and therefore, create and recreate more negativity, failures and disasters.
The mind is neutral energy. The way you think determines whether the results are positive and beneficial, or negative and harmful. It is the same energy acting in different ways.
The good news is that persistent inner work can change habits of thinking. You must be willing to put energy and time to pursue positive thinking, in order to change your mental attitude.
Simple Tips to Overcome Negative Thinking:
- Every time you catch yourself thinking a negative thought, replace the thought with a positive one.
- If you catch yourself visualizing failure, visualize success instead.
- If you hear yourself using negative words in your conversation, switch to positive words.
- Instead of saying, "I cannot", say, "I can". Most of the time you can, but choose to say "cannot", due to fear, laziness or lack of self esteem.
- Do you repeat negative words and phrases in your mind? Change them to positive ones. Yes, this requires you to be more alert, and to expend some effort, but you want to change negative thinking into positive thinking, don't you?
- Allow more positive attitude into your life. Have more faith in yourself and expect positive results. Affirmations and visualization can take you a long way in this direction.
- Decide that from today, from this very moment, you are leaving negative thinking behind you, and starting on the way toward positive thinking and behavior.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Guidance, instructions, and hundreds of affirmations for every purpose, to help you find love, attract money, succeed in business, get rid of negative habits, increase self-confidence, and much more.
Click for Details