Willpower Is Your Inner Strength
By Remez Sasson
Willpower is the inner strength and the inner engine that can move you toward success and achievement. It is the power that pushes into action in every area of life.
Willpower is one of the most important and desirable inner powers. Its lack or presence determines whether you will fail or accomplish goals and achieve success.
Willpower is erroneously considered as a quality belonging only to highly successful people, who depend on strength and force to achieve their goals. The truth is that it can be developed by everyone, and it is important, useful and desirable in the small affairs of life, as it is in the achievement of major goals.
- If you tend to be lazy, developing your inner strength will help you overcome your laziness.
- If you usually procrastinate, this power will help you overcome this habit.
- Willpower will enhance your self-esteem and self control.
- Strengthening this power will help take away the feeling of being weak and vulnerable.
Willpower, which is inner strength, manifests as the ability to control unnecessary and harmful impulses. It also manifests as the ability to make a decision, abide by this decision, and follow it with perseverance, until its successful accomplishment. This ability also gives you the courage and strength to endure and overcome inner and outer resistance and opposition, difficulties and hardships.
There are many who lack the inner strength to say "no". Others, find it difficult to follow and assert their ideas and beliefs. Some are afraid to take action and make changes, or lack the resolution and the persistence to go on with their plans to the end. A strong power of the will can change all this.
It is the right and privilege of everyone to develop this ability - skill. Everyone can develop it to a greater or smaller extent, depending on the earnestness, ambition, and time devoted to developing and strengthening it.
- You do not require super ordinary powers to develop it.
- You do not need to sleep on a bed of nails, fast, or stand on one foot for days, as fakirs do.
- The concept that the development of willpower requires you to undergo suffering and physical mutilation is not true.
Developing willpower and inner strength is a gradual process that everyone can undertake.
Some will be able to reach higher levels of power, while others will reach different degrees of development, but the way is open to all. As part of the process you might need to give up some harmful habits and change a few unhealthy habits. You give up something harmful or useless, in order to gain strength and power. The whole process can be turned into an absorbing, enjoyable and interesting challenge.
Training your willpower will fill you with strength, courage, and assertiveness. As your power grows, it will be easier for you to get rid of habits and attitudes that stand in your way to a better life. You will gain inner strength that will help you at your job and at home, in your relationships, with carrying on your tasks and with accomplishing your ambitions.
Improve your willpower and gain inner strength
- Overcome laziness and procrastination.
- Become more assertive
- Exercises and guidance for developing willpower, self discipline, and inner strength.