20 Reasons Why You Need Inner Peace and Tranquility
By Remez Sasson
Inner peace is not reserved only to yogis, hermits or monks, living in some far away place, praying or meditating all day long. It can also be attained by people living an ordinary life, who have a job, are married and have kids.
What is inner peace?
True inner peace is independent of external conditions and circumstances. It confers tranquility, inner harmony and balance, and the ability to remain calm, undisturbed, and in control of yourself, even in difficult and unpleasant situations. It is important not only while things move smoothly, but especially, in times of trouble, difficulties or danger. Then it counts most.
A state of inner peace eliminates anxieties, fears and worries. It also removes negative thoughts, stress, lack of satisfaction and unhappiness. It is a state of emotional and mental poise, happiness, confidence and inner strength.
Everyone desires inner peace, even if he or she is not aware of this desire. Few realize the importance and benefits of inner peace, and still fewer know that it is a skill that can be learned.
You can continue living where you are, without making external changes in your life, and yet, attain a state inner peace. Some might progress fast, and others at a slower pace. Some might reach far, and others not so far. However, everyone can gain, at least a certain measure of inner peace, enough to transform their lives.
20 reasons why you need inner peace:1. It improves your ability to focus your mind.
2. It improves your ability to handle efficiently the daily affairs of life.
3. It increases your inner strength and power.
4. Its possession eliminates impatience, anger, nervousness and restlessness.
5. It helps you show patience, tolerance and tact.
6. It makes you feel centered, grounded and stable.
7. Being mentally and emotionally calm, helps you sleep better.
8. You gain the ability to be emotionally and mentally unaffected by what people think or say about you.
9. You gain the ability to eliminate stress, anxieties and worries.
10. You enjoy happiness and bliss.
11. You gain self mastery and self discipline.
12. It helps you relax your body and nerves.
13. The healing energies of the body work unhindered.
14. Being peaceful enables you not to be swayed by events, hardships and difficulties, and to maintain inner poise, clear judgement and common sense in such situations.
15. Inner peace eliminates negative, futile and restless thinking.
16. It improves your relationships with other people.
17. It makes life look brighter.
18. It increases creativity.
19. A peaceful mind improves the ability to meditate.
20. Possessing this ability opens the gateway to enlightenment and spiritual awakening.
There are various ways to attain inner peace, such as psychological means, affirmations, visualization, yoga and meditation.
You can find a practical program on this subject, written in a language everyone can understand and follow, in the book Peace of Mind in Daily Life.
Peace of Mind in Daily Life
By Remez Sasson
Learn how to quiet the constant chatter of your mind and get rid of disturbing thoughts, worries, and anxieties.
Sign Up for Our Free NewsletterReceive articles updates, tips and quotes.
Emotional Detachment For a Better Life
By Remez Sasson
Imagine how free, relieved and happy you would be, if you could always stay calm and poised.
Imagine how you would feel, if nothing can upset you.