Inner Peace and Balance in Daily Life
By Remez Sasson
Inner peace and balance are very useful and important for everyone. They are highly valued by most people, but few possess them. However, everyone can develop them, some more, and some less.
Let me ask you:
If all the above are true in your life, it means that inner peace and inner balance are lacking.
Their lack causes emotional ups and downs, lack of decisiveness, and wasting time on unnecessary thoughts, emotions and actions. So what is the remedy?
What do you gain by having inner peace and inner balance?
You become calm and relaxed, and therefore, more efficeint in whatever you do.
You gain inner strength that protects you from being adversely affected by what people say or do, and the ability to function and be in control in difficult situations.
The presence of inner peace and balance in your life means that you possess common sense and good judgment, and that the outside world cannot shake your inner world.
5 Tips for Inner Peace and Balance
1. The moments immediately after awakening are important, as they often influence the mood of the day. These moments have to be used correctly.
After waking up in the morning, instead of thinking about the difficulties or tasks that are awaiting you, smile, and tell yourself what a wonderful day you are going to have. Think about the pleasant things you are going to do or experience, not the about the difficulties. Repeat to yourself several times that today you are going to maintain inner balance, common sense and peace of mind.
2. From the moment you wake up in the morning, until you go to sleep at night, try to maintain a certain degree of emotional detachment. This does not mean being indifferent or uncaring. It means not reacting immediately to situations, words, emotions or thoughts. It might not be so easy, but if you persevere, you will win. Take a few deep breaths or count to 10 before acting. This will, to some extent, calm you down.
3. If someone tells you something that you don't like, instead of feeling hurt or retorting in anger, hold and delay your reaction. I do not mean that you fret and boil inside you, and just remain calm on the outside. This is not healthy. What I mean is that you look at the incident in a broader perspective, asking yourself:
4. When you confront a problem or meet failure, this could sometimes be devastating. At these times, always remember that if you descend into a valley, but keep walking on, sooner or later, you will arrive to a point, where you will start climbing up again.
No matter what happens, remember that there is always a way out. After every fall, there is rising up again. This understanding will help you restore your inner peace and balance in these situations.
5. Developing inner strength, and the ability to make the mind quiet, through concentration exercises, meditation and detachment, will take you a long way toward attaining and maintaining a state of inner peace and balance.
Emotional Detachment For a Better Life by Remez Sasson
Imagine how would it be, to stay calm and poised, not getting upset by what people say or do.
Emotional detachment will help you avoid taking everything too personally, and would improve the quality of your life.
Click Here for Details
Peace of Mind in Daily Life
By Remez Sasson
Learn how to quiet the constant chatter of your mind and get rid of disturbing thoughts, worries, and anxieties.
Sign Up for Our Free NewsletterReceive articles updates, tips and quotes.