What Is Intuition?
By Remez Sasson
What is intuition?
It is what is often called a "gut feeling". It is a process of getting knowledge and understanding through other means than thinking, learning, or the five senses.
It is rather a subconscious process of receiving information, finding solutions to problems, or knowing how to proceed in certain situations.
It is psychic knowledge and understanding.
Here are a few definitions of intuition:
- Knowledge gained not through the reasoning process or the five senses.
- Subconscious, quick thought processes that produce knowledge or solutions.
- An ability to draw conclusions and understanding from previously acquired experiences and information.
- It is instinctive knowledge or belief.
- It is a gut feeling.
- Intuition is often called the sixth sense or a hunch.
Intuition is not a conscious process, and it is not a step-by-step procedure using logic, reasoning and common sense.
Where does intuition come from?
- It is knowledge stored in your subconscious mind.
- It appears through subconscious interpretation of body language.
- It is the product of very quick thinking and conclusion making.
- It is manifests due to quick understanding of a problem or situation, too quick for the reasoning mind.>
- Accessing knowledge not available to the five senses.
- Accessing the collective subconscious, or some higher realms.
People, often use the following phrases when talking about intuition:
- Gut feeling.
- My heart is telling me...
- I don't know why, but I am sure...
How do you become aware of intuition?
- It is a sort of sensation that you feel inside you.
- It is some sort of understanding without words.>
- You feel inner certainty.
- You become aware of mental images that pop up into your mind.
- You become aware of words that repeat themselves in your mind.
- Sudden understanding of what you need to do.
- Being aware of a solution.
- You feel an inner urge to act in a certain way.
Intuition is the ability to process information from the outside world, as well information within your subconscious mind, from past experiences and knowledge, things you have heard and seen, as well as knowledge and information outside your mind and beyond your immediate environment.
Can you develop your intuition?
Yes, you can develop your intuition, by being more aware of this little voice within you, by calming down the endless chatter of your mind, by improving your concentration ability, and also by practicing meditation.
Please remember, not all inner sensations, gut feelings or sudden understandings are intuition. Think before you act and use your common sense and reasoning, but also, don't be afraid to follow your intuition.
The Ultimate Guide to Unleash Your Inner Psychic Course
Everything you need to develop your psychic abilities and achieve your goals, including information-packed manuals, audios featuring effective mental exercises, and specially created music to keep you focused.
A workbook that will keep you on track to success and much more.