Lack of Motivation and Enthusiasm
By Remez Sasson
Motivation and enthusiasm manifest as desire and interest, and as a driving force that pushes you to take action and pursue goals.
However, it often happens that you have the the desire and interest, but you lack the motivation. This is a frustrating situation, since you want to do certain thing, but cannot get enough inner strength and motivation to act.
There are many reasons for the lack of motivation. It could be due to a weak desire, laziness or shyness, and it could be due lack of self esteem and self confidence. In some cases, the reason is a physical or mental problem, which requires professional help.
Lack of motivation and lack of enthusiasm are two of the main reasons for failure and of living a mediocre life.
You cannot blame other people if you lack the enthusiasm to act follow goals. You need to find a way to motivate yourself.
Lack of motivation and enthusiasm can show up everywhere, at home, at work, in relationships, in pursuing goals and in everything else. This often brings indifference, unhappiness and dissatisfaction.
More reasons for lack of motivation and enthusiasm?
- Lack of faith in one's abilities.
- Fear of failure, due to failure in the past.
- Fear of what others might say.
- The habit of procrastination.
- The feeling or belief that there are other more important things to do.
- Being too stressed or nervous.
- Absence of enough stimuli or incentives.
The above mentioned reasons stifle motivation and enthusiasm, and are only excuses for not acting. However, you learn to overcome and disregard them, by becoming aware of them, acknowledging them, and understanding that you can change the programming of your mind.
Sometimes, there are short bursts of motivation or enthusiasm. you start doing something enthusiastically, but lose interest and motivation after a while, because you find it hard to sustain motivation or enthusiasm.
- If you wish to improve your life, you need to awaken motivation and enthusiasm. You need to realize how much you lose by their absence, and how much you gain by having them.
- If you are overweight, and you don't have enough inner strength to exercise your body or follow a diet, you should consider strengthening your motivation to lose weight.
- If you are a student, and are too lazy to study, you need to strengthen your desire to invest more attention, time and energy in your studies.
- If you are lonely, but wish to have love and happiness in your life, you need to kindle your desire and enthusiasm to find love. You need to awaken the desire and willingness to put time and effort into searching for someone to share your life with.
You need incentive and drive for following your big dreams, and also for the performance of minor daily tasks and chores, otherwise, laziness, absence of energy and procrastination will set in. Instead of suffering, feeling uncomfortable and passive, it would be much better to produce enough motivation to take action and do things. This will make you feel much better, happy and satisfied.
Procrastination, laziness, indifference and passivity cause unhappiness, weakness and lack of satisfaction, but being enthusiastic, motivated and active bring a sense of joy, strength and power. By getting motivated, you act, do things, take your mind off problems and difficulties and focus on finding solutions and achieving success.
What can you do to get motivated and more enthusiastic?
Find out where you really need motivation.
This means finding out what really matters to you, what actions will bring benefits and improvement into your life and into the life of the people around you.
Think deeply, and discover what are your real goals in life, but don't forget also to focus your attention on the little things of life, where a little motivation will help too.
You will feel better and your life would improve, if you also overcome lack of motivation in the little, everyday life matters, such as washing the dishes, throwing the garbage, cooking, cleaning, working, reading, writing a letter, or just being nice to your neighbors.
This article is intended to bring you general information on motivation and the lack of it. For more information and advice about developing it, I invite you to read the other articles about motivation at this website.
Strengthen Your Willpower & Self Discipline
By Remez Sasson
Learn how to strengthen your willpower and self discipline and overcome laziness and procrastination. Guidance and simple exercises that you can practice at any time and place. More info