Motivation and How to Get Motivated
By Remez Sasson
How many times have you started enthusiastically a weight loss program, began a bodybuilding or aerobics training program, or started learning a foreign language, only to stop after a short while?
How many times have you intended to do something different, study a certain topic or start a certain project, but couldn't, due to lack of motivation? At times, you might have started the new project, but only for a little while, and then stopped because you lost enthusiasm or did not have enough motivation? This happens quire often.
What is motivation, and why do you need it?
Motivation is a driving force. In order to accomplish anything, you need a driving force, otherwise nothing would happen. A wish is not strong enough to make you take action. A wish is a weak desire, and only a strong desire can drive you forward, to act and accomplish aims and goals.
In order to get motivated, you need to know exactly what it is that you want. Your goal should be clear and sharp, and you need understand and become aware of its benefits. Thinking often of your goal, and accepting the idea that it can come true, would increase your motivation and strengthen your desire to achieve it.
Thinking and persuading yourself of the importance of what you want to do or achieve, would increase your motivation, strengthen your desire, and make you willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goal.
It easier to display motivation in connection with short-term goals. When it comes to long-term goals, it is not always possible to sustain the motivation for a longer period of time. This is why it is wiser to start with small goals, and after gaining experience with being motivated, you proceed to bigger goals.
If you desire to get a certain object, or accomplish a certain goal, but you don't feel motivated enough to act, it means that the desire or goal are not important enough. To be motivated to take action and do something in respect to your goal, you need to possess a strong desire.
Motivation has become a popular term nowadays. There are motivational coaches and speakers, and motivational books and articles. You can find a lot of information about it on the Internet.
Motivation has much to do with the emotions and the imagination, which means that if you want to increase it, you have to work on your feelings and imagination.
How to Get Motivated? Here are a few tips that could help you.
Tips to Increase Your Motivation:
1. Think and analyze your desire, to find out whether you really want to achieve it, and whether it is worth the effort and time.
2. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help.
3. Think often about your goal or desire.
4. Visualize your goal as already accomplished, and shut your mind to doubts and disbelief.
5. Read books or articles about the subject of your goal.
6. Read about people who have achieved success. This would inspire you to emulate them. you can find books, articles and videos that would be helpful.
7. Think often, about the benefits you will gain by achieving your goal. This will increase your desire and motivation.
8. Visualize how your life would be after getting what you want to do. Imagine how you would feel after achieving your goal.
9. Repeat positive affirmations, such as, "I have the desire and inner strength to achieve my goal". Repeat this affirmation often, with attention and belief.
10. Start taking small steps toward your goal right now. Don't wait for the right opportunity and time.
"Motivation is the powerful engine that moves you toward success and accomplishments in every area of your life.
"Motivation is the electrical power that activates the engine of success."
"Visualizing your desire as already accomplished, and enjoying the feelings of accomplishment, awaken in you energies that drive you to do whatever it takes to make your desire come true."