Bhagavad Gita Quotes
What is the Bhagavad Gita?
The Bhagavad Gita is a 700-verse, 18-chapter Indian text within the Mahabharata.
The Bhagavad Gita means "Song of the Lord". This scripture contains a conversation between prince Arjuna and his guide Lord Krishna. In in this conversation, Krishna gives Arjuna spiritual and material advice.
Bhagavad Gita Quotes and Sayings
1. "Beyond the power of sword and fire, beyond the power of waters and winds, the spirit is everlasting, omnipresent,never-changing, never-moving, ever free."
2. "If the light of a thousand suns suddenly arose in the sky, that splendor might be compared to the radiance of the Supreme Spirit."
3. "Weapons cannot hurt the Spirit and fire can never burn him. Untouched is he by drenching waters, untouched is he by parching winds."
4. "One gradually attains tranquillity of mind by keeping the mind fully absorbed in the Self by means of a well-trained intellect, and thinking of nothing else."
5. "All actions take place in time by the interweavering of the forces of nature; but the man lost in selfish delusion thinks that he himself s the actor."
6. "He whose undertakings are free from anxious desire and fanciful thoughts, whose work is made pure in the fire of wisdom: he is called wise by those who see."
7. "One who has control over the mind is tranquil in heat and cold, in pleasure and pain, and in honor and dishonor; and is ever steadfast with the Supreme Self."
8. "He who is in Yoga, the pure soul, master of his self, who has conquered the senses, whose self becomes the self of all existences, even though he does works, he is not involved in them."
9. "The yogi works for the purification of the soul; he throws off selfish attachment, and thus it is only his body or his senses or his mind or his reason that works."
10. "When the man of vision sees that the powers of nature are the only actors of this vast drama, and he beholds that which is beyond the powers of nature, then he comes into my Being."
11. "Quietness of mind, silence, self-harmony, loving-kindness, and a pure heart: this is the harmony of the mind."
12. "The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it."
13. "Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."
14. "The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice."
15. "Little by little, through patience and repeated effort, the mind will become stilled in the Self."
16. "A Karma-yogi performs action by body, mind, intellect, and senses, without attachment (or ego), only for self-purification."
17. "Those who eat too much or eat too little, who sleep too much or sleep too little, will not succeed in meditation. But those who are temperate in eating and sleeping, work and recreation, will come to the end of sorrow through meditation."
Strengthen Your Willpower & Self Discipline
An efficient and simple program for increasing your inner strength, perseverance, persistence and patience, and overcoming procrastination, laziness and indecisiveness.
Start Improving Your Inner Strength
18. "Finite bodies have an end, but that which possesses and uses the body is infinite, illimitable, eternal, indestructible."
19. "Perform all thy actions with mind concentrated on the Divine, renouncing attachment and looking upon success and failure with an equal eye. Spirituality implies equanimity."
20. "The peace of God is with them whose mind and soul are in harmony, who are free from desire and wrath, who know their own soul."
21. "Causes & results, including emotional opposites, are things that come & go. This knowledge helps you endure them all."
22. "Still your mind in me, still yourself in me, and without a doubt you shall be united with me, Lord of Love, dwelling in your heart."
23. "When the sage climbs the heights of Yoga, he follows the path of work; but when he reaches the heights of Yoga, he is in the land of peace."
Quotes Directory >> Bhagavad Gita Quotes