Why Buy Ebooks?
By Remez Sasson
How many of you buy ebooks?
Why buy ebooks at all? If you don’t have a device for reading ebooks it is more convenient to have a printed book, not an ebook. You can carry the book with you and read it wherever you want.
Yes, it is convenient to have a printed book, but you can also print an ebook with your home printer.
There are of ebooks that the publishers do not allow to print, but there are many other ebooks, which you can print. Most websites that allow printing post a notice to this effect at their website.
So why buy ebooks?
- There are many books with practical information about “how to…” which are available only as ebooks.
- Some authors, for various reasons, prefer to sell their books only as ebooks.
- Ebooks are available immediately for download. You don’t have to wait for them to arrive in the post, and you don't need to go and look for them in bookstores.
- Traditional publishers don’t have the time to look at each manuscript they receive. This means that miss many really good books.
- Even when a manuscript is approved, it often takes a long time for the book to get to print. After it is published it does not mean that the publisher will promote it and invest many in publicizing it. For this reason, many authors prefer to publish the book independently, in ebook format.
- When you buy ebooks you save paper and you also save trees.
- Ebooks can show links, for easy access to more information and related websites.
- Ebooks are searchable. You can easily search for any information in an ebook, instead of turning page after page.
- Ebooks that teach, educate and offer practical information on whatever subject are not books that you read like a novel. You just read a few pages at a time and practice what they teach. This means that you don’t have to spend a lot of time in front of the screen. You don’t read ebooks for hours like a novel.
These are just a few points that you may not have thought about. Actually, I have written an article about the benefits and advantages of ebooks.
I am selling my books in ebook format, and might publish them also as printed books in the future. Since the information in the ebooks is quite unique, detailed and very practical, people buy them, even if some of the people prefer soft or hard cover books.
I frequently find that people buy one book, and then, a few days later, sometimes, even a few hours later, return and buy another one or two books. Sometimes, they print all the pages, and sometimes, they read the ebook on the screen of their computer or on their eReader.
Visit our Bookstore, and take a look at the eBooks. You will probably find there something interesting.