Affirmations Mean Positive Self-Talk
By Remez Sasson
Self-talk is something everybody does. It is the habit of the mind to be in constant inner conversations, commenting, analyzing, explaining, and repeating thoughts.
Often, these inner conversations are negative, about fears, worries, hurts, and problems.
- You can change these negative inner conversations by repeating positive affirmations.
- You can change the words you repeat in your mind.
- You can choose better, happier thoughts to run in your mind that will encourage and motivate you.
This process will not make room for negative thoughts in your mind.
Repeating positive affirmations means repeating in your mind positive statements or declarations. This is a self-talk technique for changing your attitude and developing positive habits.
It is an effective technique for self improvement, and for improving your life, because it imprints your intentions and desires on your subconscious mind, which in turn, helps you achieve them.
This self talk methods works, because the subconscious mind accepts often-repeated thoughts, statements, words and commands.
The subconscious mind does not make distinctions between negative and positive self-talk, and treats them both in the same way. This means that you have to be careful to choose only positive affirmations and positive thoughts.
If you pay attention to what is going in your mind, and you will discover that your mind is a constant state of thinking. There is a constant self-talk activity going on. You can use this self-talk to your advantage, when you know how.
Constant Repetition Is the Secret Key
Repeating positive words and statements, instead of occupying the mind with useless or negative thinking is the key to the correct use of this technique.
Repeating affirmations is a powerful mental programming technique, which is not appreciated enough and is not well understood.
There is a lot of information available on this subject nowadays, but few really know how to use affirmations correctly, and fewer even try. To some, it seems just as a useless and impractical theory, but when well understood, it puts a wonderful and powerful tool in your hands.
To affirm means to "make firm", which means making your desire or goal firm or real. It is a process of making positive statements about your goal. A statement that is often repeated, affects the subconscious mind, which then uses it enormous power to find ways to make it come true.
You reap whatever your conscious mind sows into your subconscious mind. Your often repeated thoughts and words shape your character and your life, according to whether they are constructive or destructive.
Give this method a try. You have nothing to lose, but only to gain. Try repeating affirmation for a few weeks and see the results.
How to Use Affirmations for Positive Self-Talk
I would like to suggest a few working tips for repeating affirmations that will help you change your self-talk, your inner conversations. Read the tips, and also practice them.
- Always phrase affirmations using the present tense. You want to achieve your goal now, not in some indefinable future. For example, if your goal is to find a job, don't say, "I will have a job", using the future tense. Say, "I have a well-paying and wonderful job, which I love and enjoy".
- Use only positive and constructive words, describing what you really want to attain or achieve.
- Be specific. Tell your mind exactly what it is that you want to change in your life.
- It is advisable to keep the affirmations short and easy to remember.
- You should also include feelings and strong desire when repeating affirmations. You should feel and believe that what you are saying is already true. Feelings and emotions give life to your words and affect your subconscious mind more strongly.
- You may repeat affirmations at any time you want or at special set times during the day. Immediately after waking up and before falling asleep are two very appropriate times, as at these times it is easier to get to the subconscious mind.
- You may repeat affirmations aloud, mentally or by writing them down.
- Repeat positive affirmations at any time you catch yourself conducting a negative inner conversation in your mind. Actually, strive to replace your negative self-talk with positive affirmations.
the above, are basic instructions to get you started. This self talk method will surely bring you positive results, if you persevere following the instructions.
Remember, affirmations mean positive self-talk, and are a powerful tool to change your mindset, motivate and encourage yourself, and help you achieve goals.
Want to learn more about affirmations?
You can find complete guidance, instructions and advice, as well as a list of affirmations, appropriate for almost every goal or situation in the book Affirmations - Words with Power.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Learn how to use affirmations effectively for improving your life and achieving your dreams.
You will find here motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the instructions to make them work.
Hundreds of affirmations for almost every goal.Learn More