What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are short statements about goals that you wish to achieve. You affirm to yourself that the goal is already a reality or becoming real.
When you repeat positive statements often, you engrave them on the subconscious mind. This process can change your mindset, behavior and habits, inspire, encourage and motivate.
In this way, you replace your negative thoughts with positive thoughts. You build new habits, and improve your life. This process has a favorable affect on mind, body, soul, and unleashes creative energy.
Practicing positive affirmations is simple. It has a great effect on the conscious and subconscious minds. It is the key to making your dreams alive.
You can choose to use affirmations for:
- Motivating and encouraging yourself.
- Boosting your self-esteem.
- Improving your confidence.
- Getting rid of bad habits.
- Building good habits.
- Attracting success and the things you want into your life.
20 Positive Affirmations for Women
- I matter
- I love and appreciate myself.
- I feel good about myself.
- I am a perfect creation of the Universe.
- I choose to live in peace with myself.
- I think positive thoughts about myself.
- I am beautiful, smart and talented.
- I am proud of being smart, sexy and attractive.
- I am a self-confident woman.
- My curves are perfect.
- All my needs are provided abundantly.
- I am the master of my life and my destiny.
- I love and celebrate my womanhood.
- I am honored to be a woman
- I am attracting good and loyal friends into my life.
- I am a charming person, and people seek my companionship.
- Happiness, love and success are filling my life.
- What you think about me is none of my business, because I know I am wonderful.
- Day by day, I am becoming smarter, wiser and more attractive.
- I thank the Universe for having a very good life.
Do Affirmations Work?
Affirmations definitely work, and here are a few of the reasons why they do:
1. The act of repeating affirmations helps us focus our thoughts and energy on a specific goal. It also drives us to do something about it.
2. Repeating constructive statements leads us to act and behave according to the words we are repeating. We look for ways to make our words come true, and in time, our wishes become our new reality.
As a result, we become aware of new opportunities and notice possibilities. Additionally, our mind comes up with all sorts of new ideas to fulfill our goal in real life.
3. Affirmations that we charge with belief and enthusiasm have a strong affect. They motivate, inspire, and encourage us to take action and realize our goals.
4. Affirmations are statements about what we want to achieve. Frequent repetitions affect the subconscious mind, triggering it to attract to us opportunities. It can also attracts to us people, who can help us achieve what we want.
5. Affirmations are like radio or TV broadcasts. They broadcast our thoughts and desires to the world. The creative power of the Universe, perceives them, and helps us manifest them in our life.
6. There is a self talk always going on in everyone’s mind. There is negative self talk and there is positive self talk. Affirmations are a kind of self talk, which replaces the automatic negative inner conversations, leading to positive self talk.
This, of course, affects your conscious and subconscious mind in a favorable way. As a result, you improve your behavior, reactions, attitude, relationships and life.
10 Positive Affirmations for Happiness
- I choose to be happy, feel happy, and think happy thoughts.
- From now on, happiness is my constant state of mind.
- I choose to surround myself with happy people.
- Happiness is a choice, so I choose to be happy.
- Day by day, being happy is becoming a habit.
- I start my day with positive thoughts
- I thank the Universe for all the blessings and good things in my life.
- With every breath, I inhale the energy of happiness.
- My happiness is contagious.
- Happiness is my friend, companion and ally.
For What Purpose Are Affirmations Good?
Affirmations can help you achieve almost every goal and purpose in life. Here are a few examples:
Attracting love, happiness and health into your life
- Attracting love
- Learning to love yourself
- Health and Healing
Attracting success and money
- Attracting money
- Becoming financially independent
- Becoming successful with earning money
Developing positive habits and improving your life
- Increasing self-confidence
- Becoming an assertive person
- Boosting your self-esteem
- Developing punctuality and perseverance
- Losing weight
- Relaxing and releasing stress
- Choosing happiness
- Being good to yourself
- Wishing yourself the highest good
How to Write Affirmations
If you wish, you can write your own affirmations. Here are a few guidelines for writing and repeating them.
1. Use only positive words in your affirmations
Do not use affirmations that state what you do not want, such as:
“I am not sick.”
“I am not poor.”
“I am not lonely.”
Instead, state what you want:
“I am healthy.”
“I am rich.”
“I have love in my life.”
Always focus on what you really want, not on what you do not want.
2. Use the present tense
Using the present tense in your affirmations creates a sense of reality and urgency. It tells your subconscious mind that you want results now, not one day in the future.
Here are a few examples of using the present tense in affirmations:
“I have a loving spouse.”
“I have a rewarding job.”
“I am enjoying every moment of my life.”
3. Should you use long or short affirmations?
It is preferable to use short affirmations, as they are easier to remember and easier to repeat.
How to Use Affirmations in an Effective Way
Affirmations are simple and easy to use. Here are a few guidelines for practicing affirmations and getting results:
1. Affirm with faith
No matter what your present reality is, ignore the doubts and disbelief of your mind. Do not listen to it if it tells you that affirmations cannot come true. Affirm and believe that whatever you are affirming is going to become your new reality.
2. Affirm with positive feelings
Strive to feel happy and optimistic while affirming. You need to avoid anger, dissatisfaction or worries while repeating affirmations. Otherwise, you will drive away what you are trying to attract into your life.
3. How many times a day should you repeat an affirmation?
You may repeat an affirmation as many times as you wish. The more you repeat it the stronger its effect is.
4. When to affirm
Affirm in the morning, while still in bed, and in the evening, before falling asleep. You can also do so at any other time of the day, as many times as you wish.
5. Do not affirm absentmindedly
Focus your attention on the words you are repeating. Absentmindedness deprives them of their power.
Charge your affirmations with positive feelings and a strong desire to succeed. This gives power and energy to your words and makes them more effective.
21 Positive Affirmations for Work
- I am attracting into my life a well-paid job.
- I am calm, relaxed, and confident during my job interview.
- I passed the interview successfully and got the job.
- I am very happy that my work suits me, and I am well paid.
- I am working at a job that I love and enjoy.
- I am very satisfied with my new job.
- I am working now, and I am well paid.
- I have a wonderful job and I enjoy it very much.
- I am working at a pleasant environment, and surrounded by nice people.
- I am doing what I love doing and I am well-paid.
- I am an expert in my profession, and I am well paid for my skills.
- I am successfully using my skills at work.
- People love working with me.
- My work is most rewarding.
- I am highly promoted in rank and salary.
- I have been rewarded with a significant bonus.
- I am receiving a significant promotion.
- I am working in luxurious surroundings.
- I am determined to be successful at work.
- I am working for a successful company, which rewards me generously.
- I thank the Omnipotent Power of the Universe for helping me get a wonderful, well-paying job.
20 Positive Affirmations for Kids
Parent and teachers should use positive and encouraging words when talking with children. They need to encourage and motivate the kids.
This molds the kids’ young minds, and plants in them confidence and self-esteem.
These words would sink into the minds of the kids, and make them more positive, confident and happy.
Here is a list of positive affirmations for kids.
- You are the best.
- You are so gifted.
- I am very proud of you.
- I know you tried your best; this is why I’m so proud of you.
- You are wonderful.
- You look very handsome/pretty.
- You were very helpful today, thank you. I really needed your help.
- You make me happy.
- I enjoy hearing you read.
- You can succeed in everything you do.
- It is all right that you cannot tie your shoelaces yet.
- I am very happy that you are my son/daughter.
- You are capable of doing anything you want.
- Don’t worry, it’s okay, I can fix it.
- Today, we are going to have a wonderful day.
- I believe in you, I know you can do it.
- You are my hero.
- You are important to me.
- Don’t give up so quickly, try again, and eventually you will succeed.
- I want to thank you for making me so happy.
20 Positive Affirmations for Health and Healing
- I take good care of my health and my well-being.
- I choose to remain calm and tranquil under pressure.
- Health is filling my body from head to toe.
- I am energetic and full of vitality.
- With every breath, I am inhaling health energies.
- I always listen to my body and nourish it with healthy food.
- My body is my holy temple, and I take good care of it.
- All the processes within my body are working perfectly.
- I have a strong and healthy immune system.
- My body is full of vitality, health and energy.
- My body is miraculously healing now.
- The healing energies of the Universe are healing every part of my body.
- Every part of my body is full with health and strength.
- I have normal blood pressure.
- The sugar level in my blood is normal.
- My memory is excellent and it is improving every day.
- My whole body feels the joy of being healthy and strong.
- My subconscious mind is doing a perfect job of healing.
- The Divine power is guiding me toward health.
- My immune system is working perfectly, and is taking good care of my health.
10 Affirmations for Self-Esteem
- I think highly of myself.
- I believe in myself and in my abilities.
- I trust myself to follow and achieve my ambitions.
- I respect myself.
- I feel proud of myself.
- People value my opinion.
- I trust my instincts.
- I feel strong and confident.
- I am trustworthy.
- I deserve success and prosperity.
10 Affirmations for Love and Marriage
- I am marrying the love of my life and my best friend.
- I am abundantly rich with the love of my spouse.
- I am blessed with a wonderful and the most satisfying marriage life.
- My spouse and I share the same interests.
- I am experiencing love and warmth in my marriage.
- Love and happiness are constantly flowing into my matrimonial life.
- I am a loving and supporting spouse.
- I am blessed with a loving husband/wife.
- My husband/wife and I enjoy each other’s company.
- The Universe is showering love on my wife/husband and me.
10 Affirmations for Monday Morning
- I’m choosing to love Monday morning, as it opens up so many wonderful opportunities along the week.
- My decisions for the week matter, and I am going to carry them out.
- Each Monday morning, I get up ready, happy and excited to begin a wonderful week.
- I have within me the power to create amazing progress, and improve my life.
- Today, Monday morning, I will begin to take good care of my body.
- I love myself, and choose to remain calm and relaxed, no matter what happens around me today, and the whole week.
- I love myself, and choose peace of mind over emotional turmoil.
- I am looking forward to amazing adventures this coming week.
- Today, Monday morning, I am choosing to let go of negative feelings, and embrace inner peace, relaxation and good friends.
- This coming week, I am progressing toward the fulfillment of my dreams.
Image source – DepositPhotos
About the Author
Dorina Sasson has been trained in Louise L. Hay’s teacher training course. She is a certified teacher for “You can heal your life” study course, and “Love yourself, heal your life” workshop.