I discovered that there are a lot of people who like to read quotes. I mean inspiring and enlightening quotes about different topics. People like to read quotes, because these are concise sentences, expressing wisdom, and awakening motivation, inspiration and happiness.
If you search for quotes on the Internet, you will find a lot of websites displaying quotes, and also many websites dedicated especially for quotes. I too, have included a section with quotes at my website, which you can find at the quotes directory. I am happy to say that these pages are viewed thousands of times every day, by people from all over the world.
Why People Love to Read Quotes?
There are two questions I would like to answer in this article:
1. Why people love to read quotes.
2. How to read quotes and benefit from them.
People love to read quotes, because quotes are inspiring and motivating thoughts condensed into a few words.
They are drops of wisdom concentrated into one or a few sentences, which can bring light and understanding into the soul of the reader. These words have the power to awaken hope, faith and inner strength, and also ambition and motivation.
How to Benefit from Reading Quotes
You can benefit much more from reading quotes, if you do the following:
1. Read the quote a few times. If something within you resonates with the quote read it every day, no just once, but a few times. It would be a good idea to copy or print it, and put it where you can see it often. A quote that is repeated often, act just like affirmations, and can affect your mind and behavior in a positive way if you read them often.
2. After reading the quote think about it. Think how you can use its message in your life. Look deeply into it, to find the inner meaning in it, even if the one who is quoted never intended to put any deep meaning in it when he or she said or wrote it.
3. You can use quotes that really attract you as a theme for meditation, especially quotes from the world’s scriptures or from spiritual teachers.
4. Always try to read quotes between the lines. If you read them in this way, you will arrive at a deeper understanding of some of the truths of life, and you will find ideas that can help you in your everyday life.
5. Collect quotes you like and print them with your home printer, making a small booklet, which you can carry in your pocket.
If you have a smart phone, you can copy them into your smart phone.
You can then read the quotes from your booklet or smart phone whenever you have the time, when waiting in line, traveling in a bus or train, at work or at home.
“Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting.”
– Aldous Huxley
Visit our Quotes directory to find quotes on many topics.
Get the Affirmations eBook