Why do you need self discipline? What can it do for you, and is it worth the effort of developing it?
Here are a few reasons why you need self discipline:
1. Self-discipline builds inner strength, character and stability.
2. It helps you control appetite, impatience, anger and instinctive reactions.
3. It enables you to resist all kinds of unnecessary temptations, such as overeating, watching too much TV, gossiping, gambling or taking unnecessary risks.
4. Possessing self discipline enhances considerably your chances of achieving success in whatever you do.
5. All the good things in life need time to grow and yield fruit, which means you need tolerance, patience and persistence, all of which are the by-product of self discipline. This ability can help you in business, at work, in study, in sport, in meditation and in everything else.
6. People nowadays, want instant results and instant gratification, but this is not always possible.
People, who excel in their chosen field, usually study, make experiments, make mistakes and learn from them. They prepare and train themselves, sometimes even for years, such as in sports for example. If they lacked discipline, which the supplies inner strength and patience, they would have given up in the early stages.
7. A person with a disciplined mind controls what he/she says, and can therefore keep good relationships with other people.
8. A self disciplined person usually commands respect from other people, and doesn’t easily feel hurt or insulted by what people say or do.
9. A self disciplined person has more control over his/her thoughts and reactions.
10. With this ability it is easier to go through life and achieve goals.
This list can go on and on…
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.