Here is a list of people who achieved success, but who failed at first.
This list includes businessmen, scientists, inventors, public figures, actors, actresses and directors, writers, artists, musicians and athletes.
Might get successful with you goal the first time you try, without experiencing failure. However, on many occasions, failure is the first step.
You should not be intimidated by failure. It’s part of the process of success and of making progress. Many fail at first, but those who do not give up, and try again and again, eventually, achieve their goals.
Below, you will find a list of famous and successful people who failed at first.
50 Famously Successful People Who Failed at First
Not everyone who’s on top today got there with success after success. More often than not, those who history best remembers were faced with numerous obstacles that forced them to work harder and show more determination than others.
Next time you’re feeling down about your failures in college or in a career, keep these fifty famous people in mind and remind yourself that sometimes failure is just the first step towards success.
These businessmen and the companies they founded are today known around the world, but as these stories show, their beginnings weren’t always smooth.
1. Henry Ford: While Ford is today known for his innovative assembly line and American-made cars, he wasn’t an instant success.
In fact, his early businesses failed and left him broke five time before he founded the successful Ford Motor Company.
2. R. H. Macy: Most people are familiar with this large department store chain, but Macy didn’t always have it easy. Macy started seven failed business before finally hitting big with his store in New York City.
3. F. W. Woolworth: Some may not know this name today, but Woolworth was once one of the biggest names in department stores in the U.S.
Before starting his own business, young Woolworth worked at a dry goods store and was not allowed to wait on customers because his boss said he lacked the sense needed to do so.
4. Soichiro Honda: The billion-dollar business that is Honda began with a series of failures and fortunate turns of luck.
Honda was turned down by Toyota Motor Corporation for a job after interviewing for a job as an engineer, leaving him jobless for quite some time. He started making scooters of his own at home, and spurred on by his neighbors, finally started his own business.
5. Akio Morita: You may not have heard of Morita but you’ve undoubtedly heard of his company, Sony.
Sony’s first product was a rice cooker that unfortunately didn’t cook rice so much as burn it, selling less than 100 units.
This first setback didn’t stop Morita and his partners as they pushed forward to create a multi-billion dollar company.
The Complete List
The complete list of the “50 Famously Successful People Who Failed At First” appeared at www.onlinecollege.org/2010/02/16/50-famously-successful-people-who-failed-at-first/, but unfortunately, it seems that they have removed it from their website.
The eBook about Affirmations
Learn how to improve your life with positive statements