Confucius Quotes and Sayings
Confucius (551 B.C. - 479 B.C.) was a Chinese thinker and social philosopher, whose teachings and philosophy have deeply influenced Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese thought and life.
The philosophy of Confucius emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity.
You will find on this page Confucius quotes on success and anger, on learning and on humility, and quotes on other topics.
Confucius Quotes - Insights and Wisdom
1. "Ask yourself constantly, What is the right thing to do?"
2. "Behave toward everyone as if receiving a great guest."
3. "The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large."
4. "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop."
5. "Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
6. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
7. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
8. "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it."
9. "Respect yourself and others will respect you."
10. "To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage."
11. "When anger rises, think of the consequences."
12. "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
13. "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
14. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
15. "Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure."
Learn How to Focus Your Attention
Learn how to focus your mind, control your attention, and strengthen your concentration skills with simple mental exercises.
With a focused mind your attention and mental powers will improve, and you would do everything better, more efficiently, and in less time.Get More Info
16. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."
17. "Those who are firm, enduring, simple and unpretentious are the nearest to virtue."
18. "Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses."
19. "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trial."
20. "The perfecting of one's self is the fundamental base of all progress and all moral development."
21. "If one learns from others, but does not think, one will be bewildered. If, on the other hand, one thinks but does not learn from others, one will be in peril."
22. "Learning without thought is labor lost. Thought without learning is perilous."
23. "Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire."
24. "Review the old and deducing the new makes a teacher."
25. "Do not be desirous of having things done quickly. Do not look at small advantages. Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly. Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished."
26. "To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."
27. We take greater pains to persuade others we are happy than in trying to think so ourselves.
28. Humility is the solid foundation of all the virtues.
29. A man who does not think and plan ahead will find trouble right at his door.
30. "This equilibrium is the great root from which grow all the human actings in the world, and this harmony is the universal path which they all should pursue."
31. "To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
32. Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or star.
33. It is man that makes truth great, not truth that makes man great.
34. Do not worry about holding high position; worry rather about playing your proper role.
35. When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.
Confucius Quotes and Sayings
Quotes Directory >> Confucius Quotes