Confucius Quotes and Sayings
On this page you will find some of Confucius quotes and Confucius sayings.
Confucius (551 B.C. - 479 B.C.) was a Chinese thinker and social philosopher, whose teachings and philosophy have deeply influenced Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese thought and life.
The philosophy of Confucius emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity.
The sayings of Confucius are nowadays quite popular, and you can find his words quoted in many places.
One of Confucius famous quotes is "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
Another two well-known Confucius sayings are:
"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."
"It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get."
Another beautiful saying from Confucius is, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
On this page, you will find more of Confucius quotes and Confucius sayings on success and on anger, on learning and on humility, and other quotes on other topics.
Confucius Quotes and Sayings - Insights and Wisdom
1. "Ask yourself constantly, What is the right thing to do?"
2. "Behave toward everyone as if receiving a great guest."
3. "The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large."
4. "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop."
5. "Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
6. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
7. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
8. "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it."
9. "Respect yourself and others will respect you."
10. "To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage."
11. "When anger rises, think of the consequences."
12. "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
13. "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."
14. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
15. "Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure."
Focus Your Attention
Guidance and simple exercises to improve your focus and concentration, and to increase your attention span.
Learning to focus your attention on whatever you do is an essential key for success in every area of life.
16. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."
17. "Those who are firm, enduring, simple and unpretentious are the nearest to virtue."
18. "Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses."
19. "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trial."
20. "The perfecting of one's self is the fundamental base of all progress and all moral development."
21. "If one learns from others, but does not think, one will be bewildered. If, on the other hand, one thinks but does not learn from others, one will be in peril."
22. "Learning without thought is labor lost. Thought without learning is perilous."
23. "Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire."
24. "Review the old and deducing the new makes a teacher."
25. "Do not be desirous of having things done quickly. Do not look at small advantages. Desire to have things done quickly prevents their being done thoroughly. Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished."
26. "To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."
27. We take greater pains to persuade others we are happy than in trying to think so ourselves.
28. Humility is the solid foundation of all the virtues.
29. A man who does not think and plan ahead will find trouble right at his door.
30. This equilibrium is the great root from which grow all the human actings in the world, and this harmony is the universal path which they all should pursue.
31. To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.
32. Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon or star.
33. It is man that makes truth great, not truth that makes man great.
34. Do not worry about holding high position; worry rather about playing your proper role.
35. When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.
36. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
37. The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.
38. He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
39. Study the past, if you would divine the future.
40. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
Confucius Quotes and Sayings
Quotes Directory >> Confucius Quotes