Creative Visualization - Part Two
From Imagination to Reality - Making Creative Visualization Work
By Remez Sasson
In part one, you learned about creative visualization. In this article, I have gathered the main steps for making this power work in your life.
Concise Guidelines for Creative Visualization:
- Define your goal.
- Think, meditate and listen to your intuition, to make sure that you really desire to attain this goal.
- Ascertain that only good will result from your visualization, for you and for others.
- Sit alone in a quiet place, where you will not be disturbed.
- Relax your body.
- Breathe rhythmically and deeply several times.
- Visualize a clear and detailed mental image of what you desire to get or accomplish.
- In your imagination, use all the five senses of sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.
- Add desire and feelings into what your mental image.
- Visualize at least twice a day, about 10 minutes each time.
- Persevere with your visualization, day after day, with patience, hope and faith.
- Strive to stay positive, both in thoughts and feelings, and also when you speak.
- During the day, when negative thoughts and doubts arise, replace them with positive thoughts. As each negative thought enters your mind, immediately substitute it with a positive thought.
- Keep an open mind, so that you recognize opportunities and take advantage of them.
- After concluding your visualization session, say attentively and earnestly, "Let everything happen in a harmonious and favorable way for all involved."
- Keep an open mind for ideas, intuition and opportunities. Creative visualization will open doors, but often, you will have to walk in and take action.
- Whenever you can, take action. Don't be passive, waiting for things to happen by themselves.
Use the power of imagination only for your, and other people's good, never trying to use it for getting something that belongs to others. Make sure that what you are creating is good for all involved, and cause no harm to your environment.
Though the manifestation of your goal might sometimes happen in a sudden and expected manner, most of the time it will happen in a natural and gradual manner, one thing leading to another.
If you desire money, it won't necessarily drop on your head from the sky, and probably, you won't win it in the lottery. It will more likely arrive into your life through a new job, a promotion, a business deal, or through various other channels.
Our thoughts and feelings, and the mental images we carry in our minds, affect our lives. By changing them, we change our life.
Be careful of what you think and how you feel, otherwise you might attract situations that you do not really want. It is always better to think and visualize only what you really and truly want.
Approach this mental work with a positive attitude, earnestness and faith. Regard this as a game or play. This attitude will prevent inner tension and disappointment, in case things don't happen as expected.
Creative Visualization Part one
If you wish to learn everything about creative visualization and how to use it effectively, and to get all the guidance and advice, including examples of using it for various purposes, I highly recommend that you read the book Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams.