How to Make Your Days Wonderful and Enjoyable
By Remez Sasson
How about making every day a wonderful and enjoyable day, different and better than how you live your life now?
You can create and enjoy beautiful, satisfying and wonderful days by making small changes in your daily life.
Everyone encounters problems, difficulties and obstacles, which can spoil one's day. However, with a changed attitude and a few tips, even during such days, you will be able to make your days, at least to some extent, better and more enjoyable.
Wake up Early and Do Something You Love Doing
- Sit down on your bed, just before going to sleep at night, and tell yourself that you will wake up tomorrow 30 minutes earlier than usual.
- Repeat a few affirmations, so that your mind accepts this idea.
- For a while, think about the benefits you will gain by waking and getting up earlier, and about the things you can do in these extra 30 minutes.
- Set your alarm clock to the appointed hour, and lie down on your bed. While in bed, watch the thoughts that pop up into your mind, but try to do so detachedly and without any tension. Just watch them calmly and in a relaxed mood, until you fall asleep.
- When the alarm clock rings in the morning, get up immediately, with a smile on your face.
- Don't give in to the desire to stay some more minutes in bed. Don't listen to your mind, which will probably persuade you to stay in bed a little longer, because it is too early to get up.
- Get up, wash, change your clothes, and do something you enjoy doing, such as reading a book, taking a short walk, visualizing, or practicing meditation. You may also just sit down and visualize some pleasurable and happy events from your past.
It is not enough just to wake up early. Often, after waking up, we do not get out of bed, but stay for some more minutes, and then fall asleep again. You have to persuade yourself to get out of bed immediately after you wake up.
It is pleasant to cuddle under the blankets, especially on a cold morning, but on this special day you need to get out of bed immediately. The feeling of pleasure and power you gain by getting immediately is greater than the pleasure of staying in bed.
I am not going to describe how to handle each and every action and situation during the day, as every individual has a different life and schedule. However, I would like to mention a few examples from daily life. These examples, would help you understand you how to handle other situations.
Affirmations - Words with Power
Motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the guidance you need to make them work.
Learn how to use affirmations effectively, to improve your life, achieve goals, and get the things you want.
How to Make Your Days Wonderful and Enjoyable
- Waking up earlier, gives you extra time in the morning. I mentioned a few ideas on how to enjoy this time. You may also use the time to enjoy a nourishing and tasty breakfast. Prepare something you love, something that you usually do not have the time to prepare in the morning.
- Strive to be aware of what you are doing throughout the day. When you eat, for example, pay attention to your food, and don't read the newspaper or watch the television at the same time. In this manner, you will enjoy your food much more. In the same way, try to focus your attention on your other activities. Focusing on what you are doing helps you do it better and more efficiently.
- Remember to smile more often. It is important that the smile is not an artificial, but that it comes from inside you. Smiling makes you and other people feel happier.
- Expect the best and do your best in every situation.
- Be patient and tolerant toward other people. This will make them kinder and more considerate toward you.
- While driving your car, decide to be kind and tolerant of the other drivers. Stop at street crossings to let the pedestrians cross the street. Be courteous and considerate on the road. This behavior will make you, and the other drivers and pedestrians feel good. As a consequence, they too will be kind to other drivers and pedestrians, at least for a little while.
- A good morning greeting and a smile have a positive affect on everyone. Greet the people who work with you, even if you have never done so before, also greet your neighbors in the same way.
- Going to work with a strong intention to have a great day, and handling everything in a positive manner, will have its influence upon the people whom you come in contact with. This will help you to broadcast peace, good will and happiness.
- Do your best to be nice and polite, to your family, colleagues, friends, the people who work at the grocery or the supermarket, to the bus or cab driver, to the delivery boy and to anyone else you meet. It is all a matter of attitude and choice. Exercise your power to choose a polite and considerate attitude.
- Every day, make a decision that you are going to handle everything in a cool and calm way.
- If you need to meet someone or do something that usually makes you feel nervous or irritated, have a talk with yourself beforehand. Tell yourself that you are going to stay calm and relaxed, and that you are going to handle everything in the best way. Repeat this several times. You may also visualize yourself going through the situation in a very efficient way, and achieving a positive outcome.
- Strive to act unhurriedly and do your best to stay relaxed. To make this easier, remind yourself often that today is your beautiful and wonderful day.
- Several times a day, invite into your mind thoughts and feelings of happiness, satisfaction and joy. Imagine scenes and events from your past experiences, when you felt good and happy. By focusing on these mental images you let the associated feelings and emotions well up again. Enjoy these good feelings, and try to go on enjoying them, even after you stop thinking about them.
- When you are back home from work, what about a flower, a book, or some other small gift to your spouse and children? Even a smile, a hug or a kiss will do. You have tried all day to be kind to other people and stay positive. Do this at home too.
- Have some quality time with your family. You have been out the whole day, at work, and now is the time enjoy the company of your family. Earning money to support your family is not enough. They need to feel your love and attention too.
- Make special effort to use your time more efficiently. Do not watch too much TV, and shorten the time that you read the newspaper. It is better to use this time to read something inspiring that will help you improve your life, or devote a few minutes to meditation in the afternoon or evening.
- Don't forget to devote some time for yourself, not only in the morning, but at other times too. Do anything that you love doing, such as reading a book, writing, devoting time to your hobby, walking, or exercising your body.
The above are only suggestions, to show you what you can do. You can adapt them to your specific situation.
Try to live one wonderful day, and then another day, and another one. Gradually, you will be able to make your days better and happier, and fill them with more satisfaction and fun. If you continue like this, you will turn this kind of life into a habit.
Each is a special and a wonderful day. It is different from the other days.