Losing Weight with Creative Visualization
By Remez Sasson
Creative visualization is a great tool for losing weight. By visualizing your body as you want it to be, you induce your subconscious mind to shape it to look as your mental image is.
This does not mean that creative visualization will completely change the shape of your body. It means that if you visualize in accordance with the laws of visualization, you will improve the way it looks and reduce its weight.
It is a known fact that thoughts and emotions affect the body for better or worse, depending on your predominant thoughts and emotions. Negative thinking, stress, fear, excitement, worry and anger hurt the body. Under these conditions the body releases toxins into the blood, which affect it adversely.
Positive thinking, happiness, love and confidence heal, strengthen and energize the body.
You can use the connection between the mind and the body to your advantage. The subconscious mind accepts, and treats both real conditions and mentally imagined conditions as real. This means that if you visualize yourself as being slim, your subconscious mind will accept what you visualize as true, and will act to make your body conform to your mental image.
Losing weight with the help of creative visualization can be termed as a "mental diet". Of course, the chances of success will be greater, if in addition to visualization you reduce the amount of food you eat, follow a diet and exercise your body.
Positive Thinking - The Power to Succeed
Simple working techniques and advice to help you replace negative thoughts with happy, successful and constructive thoughts.
Learn how to build up a positive attitude and avoid negative thoughts.
Useful advice, guidance and techniques.
Tips for Losing Weight through Creative Visualization:
1. Two or three times a day, sit down for several minutes in a quiet place, and visualize your body as you wish it to be. Leave your worries, doubts and other thoughts behind, and concentrate on what you are doing.
2. Imagine yourself slim and beautiful, with your ideal weight. Forget how you look now. You are creating a new reality. See yourself at the beach or pool wearing a swimming suit and looking great. In your imagination, see how gorgeous you look. You may also imagine yourself wearing all those tight clothing that you have always wanted to wear.
3. Visualize your family and friends complimenting you about how gorgeous your body looks and how slim you are now. Look at the whole mental scene as real, and as happening right now at the present moment, not in the future.
4. You can construct in your mind any other scene you wish. You can see yourself exercising, dancing, with friends, with your husband or wife, at work, etc. Visualize yourself hearing people complimenting you about your looks and your slim body, and see their admiring glances. In short, make the mental image as real as possible.
5. Construct in your mind mental images that are alive, realistic and colorful. Make the scenes in your mind interesting and real, and see yourself in each scene slim, the way you will look after you lose weight.
6. If you wish to lose weight, do not visualize that you are disgusted with certain foods or with eating, and do not develop a loathing for any kind of food. The body needs food, but there should moderation.
By visualizing your body as you wish it to look, your subconscious mind will direct you to eat the appropriate food in the right quantities.
7. While visualizing, and after finishing your visualization session, don't tell yourself: "well, it is all nonsense, I cannot lose weight". If you say these words you destroy all the work you have done. When thoughts of disbelief crawl into your mind do not listen to them. Let only thoughts of your ideal body shape enter your mind.
Creative visualization can help you lose weight in a most natural way.
- It can make you desire to reduce the quantities of food that you eat.
- Your body can be taught to be satisfied with smaller quantities of food.
- Creative visualization can attract to you the diet that suits you most.
- It might lead you to desire to participate in some physical exercises that will reduce your weight.
The way you think affects your body. Think on what you want to achieve, not what you want to avoid. Think about how you want to look, not about being overweight. Visualize your body as you want it to look, not as it looks now. Do not concern yourself too much with what to eat or not to eat, but with how you want your body to be. Persist with your efforts, and you will start seeing results.
It is most important to believe what you visualize. Forget past failures to lose weight and reject disbelief, doubts and negative thoughts. Keep projecting your ideal figure on the screen of your mind, and your disbelief and inner resistance will begin to fade away.