Weight Loss with Creative Visualization
By Remez Sasson
Creative visualization is a wonderful tool for losing weight. By visualizing your body as you want it to be, you trigger your subconscious mind to shape your body to look as your mental image is.
This does not mean that creative visualization will completely change the shape of your body. It means that if you visualize in accordance with the laws of visualization, you will improve how you look, achieve weight loss, and become more energetic.
It is a known fact that thoughts and emotions affect the body for better or worse, depending on your predominant thoughts and emotions. Negative thinking, stress, fear, excitement, worry and anger hurt the body. Under these conditions the body releases toxins into the blood, which affect it adversely.
On the other hand, positive thinking, happiness, love and confidence heal, strengthen and energize your body.
You can learn to use the power of visualization and your subconscious mind to your advantage. The subconscious mind accepts, and treats both real conditions and imagined conditions as real. This means that if you visualize yourself as being slim, your subconscious mind will accept what you visualize as true, and will act to make your body conform to your mental image.
Losing weight with the help of creative visualization can be termed as a "mental diet". Of course, the chances of success will be greater, if in addition to visualization you reduce the amount of food you eat, eat healthy, and exercise your body.
Visualization has been demonstrated to work in sports, and some psychological methods use it too.
Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams
Learn how to achieve your dreams and goals with the power of creative visualization.
Simple visualization techniques anyone can learn, to help you improve your life, find love, attract money, and create a successful and satisfying life.
All the instructions and guidance you need.More Details
How to Lose Weight with Creative Visualization
Here are a few tips for using the power of visualization for weight loss:
1. Two or three times a day, sit down for several minutes in a quiet place, and visualize your body as you wish it to be. Leave your worries, doubts and other thoughts behind, and focus on what you are doing.
2. Imagine yourself slim and beautiful, with your ideal weight. Forget how you look now. You are creating a new reality.
Imagine yourself at the beach or pool wearing a swimming suit and looking great. In your imagination, see how gorgeous you look. You may also imagine yourself wearing all those tight clothing that you have always wanted to wear.
3. Visualize your family and friends complimenting you about how gorgeous your body looks and how slim you are now. Look at the whole mental scene as real, and as happening right now at the present moment, not in the future.
4. You can construct in your mind any other scene you wish. You can see yourself exercising, dancing, with friends, with your husband or wife, at work, etc. Visualize yourself hearing people complimenting you about your looks and your slim body, and watch their admiring glances. In short, make the mental image as real as possible.
5. Construct in your mind mental images that are alive, realistic and colorful. Make the scenes in your mind interesting and real, and see yourself in each scene slim and thin, the way you will look after you lose weight.
6. If you wish to lose weight, do not visualize that you are disgusted with certain foods or with eating, and do not develop a loathing for any kind of food. The body needs food, but there should moderation.
By visualizing your body as you wish it to look, your subconscious mind will direct you to eat the appropriate food in the right quantities.
7. While visualizing, and after finishing your visualization session, don't tell yourself: "well, it is all nonsense, I cannot lose weight". If you say these words you destroy all the work you have done. When thoughts of disbelief crawl into your mind do not listen to them. Let only thoughts of your ideal body shape enter your mind.
Weight loss is possible with creative visualization. Give a try!
Creative visualization can help you lose weight in a most natural way.
How Visualization Helps You with Weight Loss?
- It can make you desire to reduce the quantities of food that you eat.
- Your body can be taught to be satisfied with smaller quantities of food.
- Creative visualization can attract to you the diet that suits you most.
- Visualization might lead you to desire to participate in some physical exercises that will reduce your weight.
- Your mental images can, through your subconscious mind, affect favorably the cells of your body, so that your body get healthier, stronger, and change in accordance with the mental image you are holding in your mind.
Remeber the Following Words
- The way you think affects your body.
- Always think on what you want to achieve, not what you want to avoid.
- Think about how you want to look, not about being overweight.
- Visualize your body as you want it to look, not as it looks now.
- Do not concern yourself too much with what to eat or not to eat, but with how you want your body to be.
- Persist with your efforts, and you will start seeing results.
It is most important to believe what you visualize. Forget past failures to lose weight and reject disbelief, doubts and negative thoughts. Keep projecting your ideal figure on the screen of your mind, and your disbelief and inner resistance will begin to fade away.
Please however remember, results can take some time. Nothing happens over night. You need to persevere with the weight loss visualization, day after day. In some case it would not take long to lose weight, but often, it might take longer. You need persistence and not give up if you do not get results in a short time.
If you wish to learn about creative visualization and get full guidance and advice, I recommend readingVisualize and Achieve Your Dreams. You will find there everything about achieving success in any area of life.