How to Turn Peace of Mind Into a Habit
By Remez Sasson
What do you prefer, a restless, agitated mind, or a peaceful mind? The answer is quiet obvious. No one "enjoys" stress and mental restlessness.
What would you gain if could keep your mind peaceful?
A state of peace of mind leads to better emotional and physical health, increased energy, stronger mental powers, improved memory, and a better ability to learn and study. It also helps you handle your daily affairs of life in a more efficient manner, eases stress, and enables you to act calmly and in a poised manner in difficult situations.
We live in a world where worries, strain and restlessness abound. You might think that there is nothing to do about it, and therefore, accept this situation as an inevitable evil, but you don't have to. You can experience inner peace even under stressful conditions and circumstances, but it does not come instantly. It is developed gradually, through training.
How to Make Your Mind Peaceful
- Think often, how useful can peace of mind be. Think of the stress, mental restlessness and emotional upheavals it can help you get rid of. Convince yourself of its importance, and decide to do something about it.
- Improving your concentration ability can help a lot to calm down the mind and control your thoughts. A focused mind is a calm mind.
- Practicing meditation daily, even if it is only for a few minutes, can help you too.
- Repeat affirmations about peace, and eventually, your mind will accept them and become more peaceful. Here are a few affirmations
"I am calm and relaxed in every situation."
"Day by day, my mind is becoming more peaceful."
"My ability to calm down my mind, think clearly and focus sharply is improving every day."
- Find a few minutes every day to visualize yourself acting calmly in situations, which usually make you feel tense and nervous.
Daily practice of the above, will calm down your mind. This calmness will affect your inner being, your body, your emotions, your circumstances, and even the people you meet. It will transform you into a peacefulness and calmness generator.
Don't worry that peace of mind might make your life dull, uninteresting and boring. The opposite would happen. You will enjoy life more with a peaceful mind. In fact, you will enjoy it more, because you will experience the joy of calm mind, happiness and inner strength.
When you start experiencing real peace, you will love and enjoy it. It will become more precious to you than many other activities that you love and enjoy doing.
- You will be able to enjoy an action movie or a thriller, yet stay calm and relaxed.
- You will be able to enjoy a football game, while at the same time your mind remains calm and not agitated.
- You will be able to enjoy food, physical exercises, your hobbies, or anything else, without stress or restlessness.
Learning to bring more peace into your life will ultimately, turn peace of mind into a natural habit.
Think about all the anger, resentment, unhappiness, stress, nervousness, strife, and the waste of time and energy that result from lack of inner peace, and you will start to appreciate the importance of gaining real peace of mind.
Read the other articles at this website, as well as our books, and practice what they teach, and you life will soon start to change for the better.
Are you often stressed and tense? Do negative thoughts and worries harass you? Learn how to gain peace of mind and remain calm and poised in the busy everyday life and in stressful situations.