How to Enjoy Inner Peace and Balance in Daily Life
By Remez Sasson
Inner peace and balance are useful and important in everyone's life. They are highly valued by most people, but few possess them. However, everyone can develop and enjoy them, some more, and some less.
Let me ask you:
- How many times have you been overwhelmed by emotions, lost your temper, and got angry or impatient?
- How many times have you regretted about your reactions or attitude?
- Do you shout at your children, spouse, co-workers or employees? Do you get angry with them? Are you happy with this situation?
- Do you let your work, the weather, noises, other people's behavior and attitude, movies, TV, or the newspapers influence the way you feel and think?
- Do outside events distract your mind and make you think about them, even if you do not want??
If all the above are true in your life, it means that inner peace and inner balance are lacking.
Lack of inner peace and balance cause emotional ups and downs, lack of decisiveness, and wasting time on unnecessary thoughts, emotions and actions. So what is the remedy?
The remedy is to learn to stay calm in the various situations of daily life, and this is something you can do, even if you think it is impossible.
• Want to succeed in whatever you do?
• Adopt the attitude of positive thinking.
• Learn how to expect successful results.
• Do not give up on your dreams.
6 Tips for Enjoying Inner Peace and Balance
1. The moments immediately after waking up in the morning are important, and can affect your mood of the whole day. These moments have to be used correctly.
After waking up in the morning, instead of thinking about the difficulties or the tasks that are awaiting you, smile, and tell yourself that you are going to have a wonderful day. Think about some pleasant things you are going to do or experience, not the about the difficulties. Tell yourself several times that today you are going to maintain inner balance and peace of mind, no matter what happens.
2. From the moment you wake up in the morning, until you go to sleep at night, try to maintain a certain degree of emotional detachment toward bad news, obstacles or unpleasant people. This does not mean being indifferent or uncaring. It means not reacting immediately in anger or resentment to situations, words or people. It also means not allowing other people's negative thoughts and emotions to affect how you feel. It might not be so easy, but if you try and persevere, you will win.
You might find it helpful to take a few deep breaths or count to 10 before reacting. This will, to some extent, calm you down.
3. If someone tells you something that you don't like, instead of feeling hurt or retorting in anger, hold and delay your reaction. I do not mean that you fret and boil inside you, and only remain calm on the outside. This is not healthy. What I mean is that you look at the incident in a broader perspective, asking yourself:
- Is what the other person saying really important?
- Why do his or her words affect you so much?
- Maybe what you are being told is true, even if you do not like it, and it would therefore, be wise to listen and accept, instead of react in anger?
- It is absolutely foolish to fret and worry, get angry and waste emotional energy over what someone said. Why should I care?
4. When you confront a problem or meet failure, this could sometimes be devastating. At these times, always remember that if you descend into a valley, but keep walking on, sooner or later, you will arrive to a point, where you will start climbing up again.
No matter what happens, remember that there is always a way out. After every fall, there is rising up again. This understanding will help you restore your inner peace and balance in difficult, frustrating or unpleasant situations.
5. Developing inner strength, with the help of suitable exercises, and mental strength with the help of a few concentration exercises, will take you a long way toward attaining and maintaining a state of inner peace and balance.
6. Pay attention to your behavior and try to act and react with calmness, whether at work, at home, in relationships or anywhere else, and gradually, you will enjoy more inner peace and inner balance in your everyday life.
What Would You Gain by Having Inner peace and balance?
You become calm and relaxed, and therefore, more efficient in whatever you do.
You gain inner strength that protects you from being adversely affected by what people say or do, and the ability to function and be in control in difficult situations.
The presence of inner peace and balance in your life means that you possess common sense and good judgment, and that events the outside world cannot shake your inner world.
Browse this website, and check our books, and you will find plenty of information and guidance on how to create and enjoy more inner peace and balance in your life.