The Medicine of Positive Thinking and Peace
By Remez Sasson
It is a well known fact that stress, anxiety, tension, worries and fears can hurt your health, not only your physical health, but also your mental and emotional health.
These negative states put strain on your nerves and on your body, and produce poisons in your body and in your blood stream. They disturb your concentration and attention, and sometimes, produce various ailments and health problems, which require expert help, treatments, or the taking of medications.
Many men and women nowadays, suffer from stress and strain and from their symptoms. There are so many factors in today's life that cause stress, anxiety, worries and fears. Some of the factors are:
- Problems at work
- Difficulties in relationships
- Lack of money
- Not having a job
- The fear of losing one's job
- Health problems
Often, anxiety, stress and panic are caused by irrational fears, negative thoughts, and the expectation of bad things happening. Other reasons are being too much affected by what people say, what you read in the newspapers, and what you see on TV. Even feelings of lack of feelings of insecurity can cause anxiety and stress.
If these conditions persist, stress and anxiety turn into a habit, and then a vicious circle is created, which increases the state of inner peace and lack of happiness.
Calm Down the Nonstop Chatter of Your Mind
Learn how to calm down the nonstop chatter of your mind, slow down its restlessness, and make it more peaceful and calm.
Discover simple working techniques to stop overthinking and gain inner peace and tranquility.
The practical guide to mental calmness and poise.Learn More
Use Inner Peace as Medicine
The question is, why people bring themselves into such a state? True, in some cases the causes for stress and anxiety might be physical and require medical treatment. However, most cases are due to one's way of thinking and mental habits, and this is something that can be changed.
You might not believe this is possible, but it is possible!
Isn't it better and more satisfying to be able to avoid negative thinking and thoughts that make you feel stressed and anxious? Isn't it better to be able to stay calm, relaxed and in control of yourself, even in difficult and stressful conditions? These are preventive means that can keep you happy and healthy, physically, emotionally and mentally.
- Why not use inner peace as medicine?
- Why not use positive thinking as medicine?
- Peace is the medication to stop overthinking.
- Positive thinking is the medication for happiness and optimism.
There are physical treatments and medications, and there are also other sorts of "medications", such as inner peace, positive thinking, and changing one's way of thinking. These are "medicines" without side effects, and they do not require a prescription.
Instead of letting negative situations continue, or trying to resolve them through medicinal or psychological treatments, why not learn to overcome them? Why not avoid being in a mental and emotional condition that directs you towards a life of stress and strain, doctors and pills?
Using Positive Thinking and Inner Peace as Medicine
Simple Tips as Alternative to Medicines:
- Be more aware of your thoughts. When you catch yourself thinking negatively, feeling pity for yourself or expecting problems, stop that immediately, and think about something you love doing. Don't give up, even if the negative thinking persists. Again and again move your mind to something more pleasing and joyous. Eventually, you will win.
- Give your body and mind some rest, several times a day, even if this is just for a few minutes.
- Read a few pages from an inspiring book, before you go to sleep at night.
- It would be a great idea if you learn to meditate. Even a few minutes a day will release tension, stress, both from the body and from the mind. Meditation is one of the greatest medicines for tension, stress and anxiety.
- Always think of what you really want, not on what you don't want to happen.
- Always avoid thinking of what you do not want. If negative thoughts fill your mind, squeeze them out by thinking good, constructive and happy thoughts.
- Take a few deep breaths when you feel you are getting stressed and losing your composure.
- Think and expect positive results. It doesn't cost you money, but it is a great healing medicine.
- Learn to smile and laugh more often.
- Don't take anything out of proportions. It is so easy to make a mountain out of a molehill. If you keep thinking about what someone said, or about something you have heard or read and which you do not like, you might create problems in your mind that do not really exist. You can easily magnify the importance of unimportant matters out of proportions, and consequently suffer. This is not a wise thing to do and is not necessary.
You might say that what I have just said is true, but impractical. Maybe so, but why not give these suggestions a try to find for yourself? You have nothing to lose, but much to gain.
The information in this article is not meant to replace medical or professional advice or treatment. If there is a medical problem, it is advised to consult a medical doctor.