Dalai Lama Quotes
A collection of quotes from the Dalai Lama on various spiritual and everyday topics.
The Dalai Lama Quotes
1. "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
2. "Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent."
3. "Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace."
4. "When I meet people from other cultures I know that they too want happiness and do not want suffering, this allows me to see them as brothers and sisters."
5. "This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
6. "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive."
7. "When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace."
8. "It is felt that a disciplined mind leads to happiness and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering, and in fact it is said that bringing about discipline within one's mind is the essence of the Buddha's teaching."
Emotional Detachment for Happier Life
Do you allow other people to transfer their stress and lack of peace to you? Do you allow negative thoughts, emotions and memories to make you stressed and unhappy? Learn how to let go of negative thoughts and emotions, stop taking things personally, and remove stress from your life.
Emotional Detachment for Happier Life
9. "We are born and reborn countless number of times, and it is possible that each being has been our parent at one time or another. Therefore, it is likely that all beings in this universe have familial connections."
10. "One can overcome the forces of negative emotions, like anger and hatred, by cultivating their counter forces,like love and compassion."
11. "It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come."
12. "Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength".
13. "If you don't love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others."
14. "With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."
15. "In the present circumstances, no one can afford to assume that someone else will solve their problems. Every individual has a responsibility to help guide our global family in the right direction. Good wishes are not sufficient; we must become actively engaged."
16. "Human beings are of such nature that they should have not only material facilities but spiritual sustenance as well. Without spiritual sustenance, it is difficult to get and maintain peace of mind."
17. "I will not propose to you that my way is best. The decision is up to you. If you find some point which may be suitable to you, then you can carry out experiments for yourself. If you find that it is of no use, then you can discard it."
18. "Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion."
19. "By bringing about a change in our outlook toward things and events, all phenomena can become sources of happiness."
20. "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
21. "You must not hate those who do wrong or harmful things; but with compassion, you must do what you can to stop them — for they are harming themselves, as well as those who suffer from their actions."
22. "Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other."
23. "The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warm-heartedness."
24. "All suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their own happiness or satisfaction."
25. "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost."
Quotes Directory >> Dalai Lama Quotes
Share This Page:
Follow Us on: