Quotes Directory >> Deepak Chopra Quotes
Deepak Chopra Quotes
Published by Remez Sasson
Deepak Chopra is an Indian American author, public speaker, doctor, and philosopher.
Deepak Chopra is one of the most recognizable authorities on self-development. He has left a promising role as chief of medicine at a New England hospital to pursue alternative healing methods. Since then, has published more than 80 books.
He has been a frequent guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show, where he has popularized Eastern approaches to holistic health and wellness.
Through his lectures and books, Deepak Chopra has spread awareness of how focusing on mind-body health can complement conventional medicine.
Deepak Chopra Quotes
1. "Miracles happen every day. Not just in remote country villages or at holy sites halfway across the globe, but here, in our own lives."
2. "Pay attention to that unchanging part of yourself. It is perfect. At the source of life, and only there, one finds peace, harmony, and the undisturbed contentment of bliss."
3. "You and I are essentially infinite choice-makers. In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices."
4. "Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It is a way of entering into the quiet that is already there - buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day."
5. "The possibility of stepping into a higher plane is quite real for everyone. It requires no force or effort or sacrifice. It involves little more than changing our ideas about what is normal."
6. "There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle."
7. "Karma is experience, and experience creates memory, and memory creates imagination and desire, and desire creates karma again. If I buy a cup of coffee, that's karma. I now have that memory that might give me the potential desire for having cappuccino, and I walk into Starbucks, and there’s karma all over again."
Positive Thinking - The Power to Succeed
Simple working techniques and advice to help you replace negative thoughts with happy, successful and constructive thoughts.
Learn how to build up a positive attitude and avoid negative thoughts.
Useful advice, guidance and techniques.Learn More
8. "The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe."
9. "The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years."
10. "Just by being ourselves we are borne toward a destiny far beyond anything we could imagine. It is enough to know that the being I nourish inside me is the same as the Being that suffuses every atom of the cosmos."
11. "In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you."
12. "Many scientists think that philosophy has no place, so for me it’s a sad time because the role of reflection, contemplation, meditation, self inquiry, insight, intuition, imagination, creativity, free will, is in a way not given any importance, which is the domain of philosophers."
13. "The physical world, including our bodies, is a response of the observer. We create our bodies as we create the experience of our world."
14. "Silence is the great teacher and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence."
15. "Our minds influence the key activity of the brain, which then influences everything; perception, cognition, thoughts and feelings, personal relationships; they’re all a projection of you."
You Are Reading Deepak Chopra Quotes
16. "The worst curse to befall anyone is stagnation, a banal existence, the quiet desperation that comes out of a need for conformity."
17. "You can’t make positive choices for the rest of your life without an environment that makes those choices easy, natural, and enjoyable."
18. "There are receptors to these molecules in your immune system, in your gut and in your heart. So when you say, ‘I have a gut feeling’ or ‘my heart is sad’ or ‘I am bursting with joy,’ you’re not speaking metaphorically. You’re speaking literally."
19. "If you're really spiritual, then you should be totally independent of the good and the bad opinions of the world, you should have faith in yourself."
20. "If you and I are having a single thought of violence or hatred against anyone in the world at this moment, we are contributing to the wounding of the world."
21. "The world sometimes feels like an insane asylum. You can decide whether you want to be an inmate or pick up your visitor’s badge. You can be in the world but not engage in the melodrama of it; you can become a spiritual being having a human experience thoroughly and fully."
22. The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years.
23. Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real."
24. "You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible."
25. "Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined."
26. "Everyone is acting from his own level of consciousness. This is all we can ask of ourselves or anyone else. However hurtful someone is, he is doing the best he can, given the limits of his consciousness."
27. "Happiness for a reason is just another form of misery because the reason can be taken away from us at any time."
28. "The first step towards change is recognition. Recognize that you have had at least a few hopes and wishes come true."
29. "People need to know that they have all the tools within themselves. Self-awareness, which means awareness of their body, awareness of their mental space, awareness of their relationships – not only with each other, but with life and the ecosystem."
30. "When you learned as a young child to cling to my toy, my candy, my pleasure, my happiness, at the same time your ego started clinging to the opposite: my scraped knee, my broken doll, my sadness, my pain."
31. "When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities."
32. "Everyone's consciousness draws from the same underlying reality."
33. "Joy is a return to the deep harmony of body, mind and spirit that was yours at birth and that can be yours again. That openness to love, that capacity for wholeness with the world around you, is still within you."
34. "The greatest mystery of existence is existence itself."
35. "So many things happen for every event, and if you try to manipulate it, it means you are struggling against the whole universe, and that’s just silly."
36. "I’ve worked all my life on the subject of awareness, whether it’s awareness of the body, awareness of the mind, awareness of your emotions, awareness of your relationships, or awareness of your environment. I think the key to transforming your life is to be aware of who you are."
37. "Modern medicine, for all its advances, knows less than 10 percent of what your body knows instinctively."
38. "Within every desire is the mechanics of its fulfillment."
39. "No matter how much it gets abused, the body can restore balance. The first rule is to stop interfering with nature."
40. "In societies where mature workers are respected and where their wisdom is respected, everybody benefits. Workers are more engaged and productive. Their health is better. They live longer."
Deepak Chopra Quotes
Quotes Directory >> Deepak Chopra Quotes
If you enjoyed reading Deepak Chopra quotes, you will most probably also enjoy reading:
Affirmations - Words with Power
Learn how to use affirmations effectively for improving your life and achieving your dreams.
You will find here motivating and inspiring affirmations for every day and for every purpose, with all the instructions to make them work.
Hundreds of affirmations for almost every goal.Learn More
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.