Quotes Directory >> Lao Tzu Quotes
Lao Tzu Quotes and Wise Words
Published by Remez Sasson
Lao Tzu was a philosopher in ancient China, who lived in the 6th century BC.
According to the legend, Lao Tzu was the keeper of the archives at the imperial court, which gave him the opportunity to study the archive books and gain a great deal of knowledge. During his life, Lao Tzu got known for his wisdom, and it is said that even the famous Chinese philosopher, Confucius, heard about Lao Tzu, and came to visit him.
It is said that Lao Tzu is the founder of Taoism, the Chinese spiritual tradition.
On the page, you will find a few of Lao Tzu quotes and quotations about various subjects, which I hope you will find insightful and inspiring.
40 Inspiring Lao Tzu Quotes
1. "An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox."
2. "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
3. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
4. "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still."
5. "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
6. "At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
7. "The Way of Heaven is to benefit others and not to injure. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete."
8. "To know that you do not know is the best. To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease."
9. "He who knows others is wise; He who knows himself is enlightened."
10. "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."
Easy to follow program for increasing your willpower, self discipline and inner strength.
Build Up Willpower and Self Discipline.
11. "A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving."
12. "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love."
13. "Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
14. "Do not look only at yourself, and you will see much. Do not justify yourself, and you will be distinguished. Do not brag, and you will have merit. Do not be prideful, and your work will endure."
15. "Great acts are made up of small deeds."
16. "If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence."
17. "Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it."
18. "He who is contented is rich."
19. "Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like."
20. "When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
The Amazing Lao Tzu Quotes - Free PDF
A collection of Lao Tzu quotes.
Inspiring and insightful quotations about the various aspects of life.
21. "Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses."
22. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
23. "I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures."
24. "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."
25. "There is no calamity greater than lavish desires. There is no greater guilt than discontentment. And there is no greater disaster than greed."
26. "Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power."
27. "Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know."
28. "The truly great man dwells on what is real and not what is on the surface."
29. "One who is too insistent on his own views, finds few to agree with him."
30. "To lead people walk behind them."
31. "The best fighter is never angry."
32. "If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. if you are at peace, you are living in the present."
33. "The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself."
34. "If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence."
35. "To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."
36. "Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it."
37. "Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained."
38. "Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt."
39. "Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness, have few desires."
40. "One who is too insistent on his own views, finds few to agree with him."
Quotes Directory >> Lao Tzu Quotes
Emotional Detachment for Happier Life
Imagine how free, calm and happy you would be, if you could avoid taking things personally and stop getting upset by what people say or do.
Learn emotional detachment techniques to help you let go of worries and negative thoughts and deal calmly with upsetting situations and stressful people.
Useful advice and guidance for letting go.
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.