Paramahansa Yogananda Quotes
Paramahansa Yogananda (1893 - 1952), was an Indian yogi and guru.
He arrived in America in 1920 and gave lectures in various cities. Hundreds of thousands came to hear his lectures.
Paramahansa Yogananda introduced the west to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga. His most known book is 'Autobiography of a Yogi'.
Paramahansa Yogananda Quotes and Sayings
1. "Remain calm, serene, always in command of yourself. You will then find out how easy it is to get along."
2. "The things you need in life are those that will help you to fulfill your dominant purpose. Things you may want but not need may lead you aside from that purpose. It is only by making everything serve your main objective that success is attained."
3. "Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself."
4. "The season of failure is the best time for sowing the seeds of success."
5. "Kindness is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families, and nations."
6. "Retire to the center of your being, which is calmness."
7. "Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true."
8. "Making others happy, through kindness of speech and sincerity of right advice, is a sign of true greatness. To hurt another soul by sarcastic words, looks, or suggestions, is despicable."
9. "There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you."
10. "To meditate a short time with depth is better than to meditate for long hours with the mind running wild."
11. "Most of the world is like a mental hospital. Some persons are sick with jealousy, others with anger, hatred, passion. They are victims of their habits and emotions. But you can make your home a place of peace."
12. "Those persons who have perceptive eyes enjoy beauty everywhere."
13. "Is a diamond less valuable because it is covered with mud? God sees the changeless beauty of our souls. He knows we are not our mistakes."
14. "The body is literally manufactured and sustained by mind."
15. "If you permit your thoughts to dwell on evil you yourself will become ugly. Look only for the good in everything so you absorb the quality of beauty."
16. "Be as simple as you can be; you will be astonished to see how uncomplicated and happy your life can become."
17. "The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong."
18. "Essentially, conditions are neither good nor bad; they are always neutral, seeming to be either depressing or encouraging because of the sad or bright attitude of the mind of the individual concerned with them."
19. "If you possess happiness you possess everything. To be happy is to be in tune with God."
20. "Purity, patience, and preserverance are the three essentials to success, and above all, love."
21. "The soul loves to meditate, for in contact with the Spirit lies its greatest joy. If, then, you experience mental resistance during meditation, remember that reluctance to meditate comes from the ego; it doesn't belong to the soul."
22. "Wise guidance never violates people's Free Will. A superior who demands obedience of his subordinates should show respect for their capacity to understand, and also for their Innate Right to their own Free Will."
23. "Change your thoughts if you wish to change your circumstances. Since you alone are responsible for your thoughts, only you can change them."
24. "Before embarking on important undertakings sit quietly calm your senses and thoughts and meditate deeply. You will then be guided by the great creative power of Spirit."
25. "If you retain the joyous after effects of meditation throughout the day, or part of the day, you will see that this joy will correctly guide you in everything. Saints are guided by this joy, in the consciousness of which no erroneous actions are possible. Retain the acquired joy of meditation throughout the day."
Paramahansa Yogananda Quotes and Sayings
Quotes Directory >> Paramahansa Yogananda Quotes
Imagine how free, calm and happy you would be, if you could stop getting upset by what people say or do, let go of negative thoughts and emotions, and avoid taking things personally.
Share This Page:
Follow Us on: