Top 7 Strategies to Achieve Your Goals
By Remez Sasson
All of us want to learn effective strategies and ways, which we can use to achieve success. This is why people who are keen on making progress are willing to try almost everything.
In this article, I would like to suggest a few simple strategies that you can easily adopt. You might have read about some of them elsewhere, but it is always useful to read over and again, even things that you well know.
There are various goal achieving strategies, which you can find in articles and in books. Different strategies are suitable for different goals and for different people.
In this article, I would like to focus on strategies to help you achieve any kind of goal.
Remember, reading is not enough, you need to practice these strategies.
Strategies to Help You Achieve Your Goals
- Find out what is it that you want to achieve. Write a one-sentence definition of your goal. Work on this sentence until it is clear and to the point. When the goal is clear it becomes easier to achieve it and you now what you need to do.
- Keep a sheet of paper with the definition of your goal near your bed. Read this sentence several times before falling asleep at night, and also upon waking up in the morning.
- Visualize your goal for some minutes, several times a day. In your mind's eye see your goal as achieved or in the process of being achieved. Try to make the image in your mind clear. If you find it difficult to visualize, just do your best, even if the image is hazy and unclear.
- Keep an expectant mood and an open mind. This will help you become more attentive and aware of useful ideas and opportunities that would help you achieve your goal.
- Exercise your willpower and self-discipline to keep your focus on the goal, and to stick to your resolve to succeed. Do not let anything distract you or make you deviate from your goal.
- Go on, even if there are obstacles on the way or you see no progress. Do not allow anything to discourage you. Those who persevere succeed. Even people who rose high in their chosen field experienced failure, but they did not allow it to affect them. If the fell, they rose up again.
- Silence is power. Do not talk too much about what you want to achieve. Concentrate on doing, not on talking. Too much talking with others about your desires and goals dissipate your inner powers. Learn to focus and channel your energy toward achieving your goal.
These are some basic strategies to achieve your goals. Do not ignore them because of their simplicity.
If you wish to learn more about success, achieving goals and using visualization, read Visualize and Achieve Your Dreams, where you will find practical information, strategies, guidance and advice.