By Remez Sasson
A few days ago, I came across the following saying:
“Just because someone invites you to drama, doesn’t mean you have to attend.”
This is so true, but sadly, an advice not frequently followed.
- How many times have you been drawn into the drama someone created?
- How many times you got too involved with other people’s problems or negative thinking?
- How many times you felt manipulated by the drama people created?
- How many times you felt exhausted and tired after such situations?
- How many times you said things you shouldn’t say, when forced into emotional situations?
I daresay many times. And each time, you tell yourself that you wouldn’t let yourself get involved in such a situation anymore, but yet, you get involved again.
Next time, someone “invites” you into drama, telling you about their health and other problems, sharing their negative thoughts, worries or fears, or just criticizing or emotionally manipulating you, wait for a moment before reacting.