Some people can visualize easily and others find it hard to do, but regular training of the imagination can change this. One can learn to visualize. Imagination can be developed like any other skill, through appropriate exercises.
Don’t worry if you can’t visualize, because even if you can’t, you can still use creative visualization and the law of attraction. If you know clearly what you want, and your desire is strong, you can attract success into your life, even if visualization is difficult for you.
Visualization and imagination are very useful for every one, not just for writers, actors, painters or artists. It is useful in all areas of life, even business, making money or planning require them.
Visualization and imagination can be improved through training, like any other skill, by practicing various exercises.
Two Exercises to Develop the Imagination
1. Sit down in a quiet place, and look at a small object, such as a spoon, match or a fruit, for a few minutes.
2. Close the eyes and try to see it mentally. If the mental image is blurred, open your eyes, look at the object for a few seconds, and again close your eyes and try to visualize it.
1. Sit down in a quiet place, and look at a photo that you like, for a few minutes. Look at all the details in the photo, such as objects, buildings or people, and try to memorize them.
2. Close your eyes, and try to visualize what you saw in the photo for a few minutes.
3. Strive not to open your eyes and look at the photo, unless the mental image becomes blurred. In this case, open your eyes, look at the photo for a brief moment, and then close your eyes, and try again to visualize the details in the photo.
4. Repeat this exercise each day, for at least five minutes each time.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see immediate results. Developing the ability to visualize is not different from learning a new language, learning to drive a car or bodybuilding. You need to invest time and effort in training.
Do you want to use visualization to make improvements in your life, change habits, and achieve goals? To learn more, read Visualize and Achieve.
Get the eBook about Achieving Your Dreams