If you look around you, you will see that a great number of people lack self-discipline. Actually, though most people know that this skill is important, they rarely do anything to improve it.
Self-discipline is too restrictive, and people do not like restrictions. They want to do whatever they feel like doing, without putting on themselves any kind of limitation. I am not saying that this is good or bad, I am just stating a fact.
You too, might not like discipline, feeling that it is too limiting, and that it requires too much effort.
Do you need self-discipline? Why should you invest any effort and time to develop this skill? Isn’t it better to stay as you are and forget about it?
Why You Don’t Need Discipline in Your Life
1. You don’t want to limit the quantity of food you eat. Without discipline, you can allow yourself to eat as much as you want, whatever you want to eat, and without regarding calories, even if this adds to your weight.
2. Why spend time and effort studying for an examination, if instead, you can watch TV or go out with friends? Without discipline, it would be easier, because you will not be able to resist doing something you enjoy, and which gives you instant gratification, even if this might lead to failure at the examination.
3. You can start doing something, and then stop and start something else. Why do you need to persevere with your projects, plans or goals? Why do you need to stick with one project until you achieve it? If you lack self-discipline, it would be easier move from one project to another, without finishing any of them and without accomplishing anything.
4. Do you need to control anger? Isn’t it better to get angry at everyone and at everything, without control and discipline?
5. Why spend time and effort to strengthen your self-discipline, even if it is a most useful skill in all areas of life? Isn’t it better to let other people and circumstances control your time and your life?
6. You don’t need to control yourself, your reactions and your habits, even if this might lead to disagreements with people, quarrels, and saying and doing things that you might regret about later.
7. If you possess self-discipline, you will be stronger and more confident, overcome laziness and beat procrastination. This might cause people to look upon you as strong and trustworthy person, but why would you want that?
8. Isn’t it better to avoid discipline and control, and to allow the environment and the people around you to control how you think, feel and act?
9. Without discipline, you can arrive to your work late every day, even if this might cause your boss to fire you.
10. Why do anything today, if you can postpone doing it? Why not do it tomorrow, next week, or even next month? Why stick to any timetable?
Do you now realize why you do not need any discipline in your life?
Let’s be realistic. Do you truly want your life to be as described here? Do you really want to fail, to be fired from work, or never achieve anything of value in your life? I don’t think so.
Isn’t it better to have more control over your life? Isn’t it better to be the master of your life? Would you be happy and satisfied with your life, if you always avoid self-discipline? Think about these questions and answer them sincerely.
If you decide that you need this skill in your life, it won’t be difficult to develop it. There are simple ways that do not require too much time and effort, and which you can follow and practice at any time of the day that you want.
In my book, Strengthen Your Willpower and Self-discipline, you can find simple and easy to follow instructions and exercises, which are suitable for everyone and for any age. The exercises will not take too much of your time, and you might even enjoy doing. They will give you a sense of power and strength, and enable you to manifest self-discipline whenever you need it, and in every area of your life.
This book is actually, a complete program for developing your self-discipline and your willpower, and focuses on the “how to” and on getting results, not on theories.
Do you still believe that you do not need self-discipline? I hope not. Even a small degree of this skill would make a great positive change in your life.
Here are a few things that would become possible if you develop this skill:
1. Avoid acting rashly and on impulse and without thinking of the consequences.
2. Follow through with your decisions, promises and plans.
3. Overcome laziness and procrastination.
4. Persevere with whatever you do, until you accomplish it.
5. Overcome the laziness to exercise your body.
6. Follow through diet, plans, goals or studies, without allowing anything to distract your attention or waste your time.
7. Be able to wake up and get out of your bed earlier than usual.
8. Overcome negative habits.
This is just a short list of what this important skill can help you do.
Build Up Strong Willpower and Self-Discipline
Easy to follow program for increasing your willpower, self discipline and inner strength, with all the instructions, guidance and exercises you need.
Overcome procrastination, get rid of laziness, and develop decisiveness.
Gain perseverance and finish whatever you start.More Details
Sign Up to Our Newsletter
If you enjoyed reading this article, sign up to receive our free newsletter with articles and updates.